Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Release N82.... N95 Alternative

• 14-11-2007 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭

According to a
    Press Release today, nokia announced the N82... a very nice alternative to the N95, but in a 'candybar' style with similar fetaures

-5mp camera
    -GPS
    -2.4" QVGA Screen
    -Standard 3.5mm headphone socket

Im using an e65 at the moment, but i dont generally like slider phones and i was a little wary of the N95 double-slide. this seems to be the answer. Id say it will be expensive like the N95 at release but after a few months it might be affordable, lets hope a network or two picks this up. If only nokia put touchscreens in their phones.

Full Spec

Image Gallery

EDIT: Also has an accelerometer which isnt hidden and will work to flip the music player/gallery etc to landscape mode like the Iphone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

It looks crap.Would prefer a n95 anyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Those number buttons look pretty small. Guess it will keep the candybar types happy. Smaller screen than the n95 - that's a big sacrifice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Looks a lot better than the n95 I reckon. More portable too / better design too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

more features than the k850i. And the price is (relatively) ok - RRP (unsubsidised) of €450. It'll be interesting to see what the actual reviews are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've been waiting for this, don't like flips or sliders and the n95 is butt ugly. The N82 looks ok and initial reviews sound positive. Was undecided between this and the XDA Orbit 2, but I think I'll pick this up on contract, should be able to get it free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

N81 8GB looks much better - either that or the N95 8GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

looks allot like n73 but with even worse buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Unboxing Nokia N82 ---> HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

One would certainly hope that the buttons are of better build quality than the ones on the N73 - dear god, what were they thinking when they used those - it's my one biggest gripe about the N73.

Advertisement