Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it to late for colour?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hi folks i have a big koi fish covering my upper arm it's done in black and grey is it possible to get colour put into it i originaly wanted colour but the artist talked me into black and grey and i've never really took to it i have other arm done 3/4 sleeve in black and grey which i love i just think the type of tattoo would look a lot better in colour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i was looking at someone's portfolio the other day, and they had a few captions and that in there, explaining their work, or their style, and he said he liked to do stuff in greyscale first, then add colour to add a little bit of realism to it, so i think it can be done alright. largely, i think it depends on just how your tattoo is coloured now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

If the grey is light enough it could probably be coloured over with some of the more intense colours available, but the black I don't think can be simply coloured over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

Chances are you won't be able to go full on colour but you may be able to add hints here and there mostly for realism purposes. You should talk to a reputable artist who will be able to actually look at the piece and give you suggestions and ideas on how to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think adding hints of colour as SplashBack said should be do-able, and could end up being quite awesome! Can you post a pic so we can get an idea of how grey the grey is?

Advertisement