Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transfer of Penalty points from one license to another

Options
  • 14-11-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

My wife received a notice from the gardai the other day informing her of a speeding incident a couple of months ago and she now has 2 penalty points on her license.
    The thing is, it was me driving the car at the time (The car is insured in her name I'm a named driver) and I'm wondering if there is any way to have the points transferred from her license onto mine?
    I tried phoning the number given for the relevant department but I couldn't get through to anyone.
    I'll hold my hands up and say fair's fair, if you're caught speeding then you deserve the points but I'm really pissed off because I'm normally such a careful driver. Just one of those things.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just fill in your licence details instead of hers. I thought there was a section on the form whereby you could nominate another driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

crosstownk wrote: »
    Just fill in your licence details instead of hers. I thought there was a section on the form whereby you could nominate another driver.
    Yep i think you are right as i have filled it in before.They might have changed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Think it's still the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Yeah you just tell them who was driving and they get the points not you.

RSA have a web site with full details of the system - www.penaltypoints.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Cheers everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement