Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nangers Bar.... **OFF TOPIC CHAT THREAD**

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Maybe - but I doubt anything we could inflict on him would make up for the humiliation and hurt he has caused.
    I feel like such an idiot, I'm intelligent as is she - neither of us saw it coming

Don't feel like an idiot. He is the only idiot in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Maybe - but I doubt anything we could inflict on him would make up for the humiliation and hurt he has caused.
    I feel like such an idiot, I'm intelligent as is she - neither of us saw it coming

How would you have seen it coming? I don't know anyone who gets into a relationship with anything like this anywhere on their radar.

That said, you said you were less trusting lately...so you *were* clued in to something not being right. As was she, by the sound of it. No-one can blame you for not guessing what the something wrong was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

How would you have seen it coming? I don't know anyone who gets into a relationship with anything like this anywhere on their radar.

That said, you said you were less trusting lately...so you *were* clued in to something not being right. As was she, by the sound of it. No-one can blame you for not guessing what the something wrong was.

Plus you were probably trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and think the best of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Yo NiMhaoldearg, just caught up on your story there and wanted to say congratulations on having such a grounded and rational perspective on this. That goes for the other girl too. It's awesome to see that you're both dealing with a horrible situation with such grace and dignity. I don't need to disparriage the dude, he's demeaned himself more than my words could but I just wanted to say well done. Many would crumble in your position. You and the other girl are both awesome.

Thanks

After minutes on the phone last night we realised we were basically the same person - just in different counties. She was going out with him before me, I'm technically the other woman - but both of us knew it was not our fault. He has not only lost one good gf now, he has lost two.

I am crumbling, but anytime I lose it I tell myself he is not worth my tears

Thanks

After minutes on the phone last night we realised we were basically the same person - just in different counties. She was going out with him before me, I'm technically the other woman - but both of us knew it was not our fault. He has not only lost one good gf now, he has lost two.

I am crumbling, but anytime I lose it I tell myself he is not worth my tears

Exactly, someone who would contemplate doing that to you is not worth your tears. You know the saying "No man is worth your tears. and the one that is won't make you cry"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

My mam always says that to me :)
    Dam her, she always spots the baddins and I don't listen....

It's hard for us to say don't cry but it is an emotional experience for you and the crying could do you good, just to get it out fo your system. He
    He most definitley is not worth your tears, but nobody could blame you for shedding a few...:)

I would love to hear his explanation - how he is going to justify how he has treated us

Misticles wrote: »
    My mam always says that to me :)
    Dam her, she always spots the baddins and I don't listen....

It's hard for us to say don't cry but it is an emotional experience for you and the crying could do you good, just to get it out fo your system. He
    He most definitley is not worth your tears, but nobody could blame you for shedding a few...:)

Ya get the tears out before you see him. Allow yourself to cry or when you confront him you may get too emotional. Hope your holding up ok.

Hugs

Most likely deny it thinking how could she possibly know?
    Then when the other girl jumps from behind the couch he'l be like ohhhhh, probably won't say sorry, turn on his heels on walk out.

Judging by his carry ons, he dosn't seem to care so I wouldn't expect anything from him let alone an explanation.

Though if you do.. he could pull the "issues" card.

• Advertisement

Most likely deny it thinking how could she possibly know?
    Then when the other girl jumps from behind the couch he'l be like ohhhhh, probably won't say sorry, turn on his heels on walk out.

Judging by his carry ons, he dosn't seem to care so I wouldn't expect anything from him let alone an explanation.

Though if you do.. he could pull the "issues" card.

We all have issues, that doesn't mean you string two women along - I mean he was talking marriage and kids with us!!!

We all have issues, that doesn't mean you string two women along - I mean he was talking marriage and kids with us!!!

I know we all have issues, but some have and will use it as an excuse, ie him.
    It's not an acceptable excuse, nothing will excuse what he did, but he may think it is ya know.

I'm not for one minute condoning what he did by saying he has issues, just saying that he could well try and use it to validate what he has done.

I know we all have issues, but some have and will use it as an excuse, ie him.
    It's not an acceptable excuse, nothing will excuse what he did, but he may think it is ya know.

I'm not for one minute condoning what he did by saying he has issues, just saying that he could well try and use it to validate what he has done.

Sorry I didn't mean to come across narky - I know what you mean.
    He has a habit of crying and looking for sympathy, something he didn't get off either of us - we told him to suck it up basically
    So I don't think he'll get away with it lightly - we are both going to carry on as normal until we can tackle him together - safety in numbers and less likely we will both crumble

Sorry I didn't mean to come across narky - I know what you mean.
    He has a habit of crying and looking for sympathy, something he didn't get off either of us - we told him to suck it up basically
    So I don't think he'll get away with it lightly - we are both going to carry on as normal until we can tackle him together - safety in numbers and less likely we will both crumble

ah you're grand :)
    habit of crying and looking for sympathy?! wtf?! dam right in tellin him to suck it up!
    yup, definitley stick with safety in numbers, neither of you know what way this will go down!
    have you told you parents or anything?

habit of crying and looking for sympathy?! wtf?! dam right in tellin him to suck it up!
    yup, definitley stick with safety in numbers, neither of you know what way this will go down!

Nope, only one or two friends know - I may have to "play along" for a few weeks as much as that disgusts me right now, I don't want to deal with him on my own.

Nope, only one or two friends know - I may have to "play along" for a few weeks as much as that disgusts me right now, I don't want to deal with him on my own.

Oh really? Fair play if you could do that, I couldn look at him sideways knowing what hes been doing and you knowing he's a dirty liar!

When can the other girl get over to u?
    If its that far away maybe you would be best just confronting him with friends?
    I know "revenge" is best served sweet but it could be better for you just to have him out of your life for good! From here on in!

revenge isnt the right word but you get what I mean :)

• Advertisement

Oh really? Fair play if you could do that, I couldn look at him sideways knowing what hes been doing and you knowing he's a dirty liar!

When can the other girl get over to u?
    If its that far away maybe you would be best just confronting him with friends?
    I know "revenge" is best served sweet but it could be better for you just to have him out of your life for good! From here on in!

revenge isnt the right word but you get what I mean :)

I need the keys back - there are communal locks I can't have changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ni M, he is an ass, fair play to you for not being a ball of tears now, one thing for a person to break up with you after a year but to find out he was with another woman especially after ye had talked marriage!!

Sympathy - he is a pure gobsh!te!!!

Safety in numbers and better to do it right!!!! Hugs!!!

I need the keys back - there are communal locks I can't have changed

I see.. hhmmm

You should text him and say you need the keys back as all the locks are getting changed or what not.. and see when he'l be back..

sucks ya cant get the locks changed :eek:

I see.. hhmmm

You should text him and say you need the keys back as all the locks are getting changed or what not.. and see when he'l be back..

sucks ya cant get the locks changed :eek:

Maybe could you talk to the manager of the building if he doesn't give the keys back??!

Hugs for all of it!

Ye but if he dosn't give them back, and NiM cannot get the locks changed, he'l have access to the place.. unless NiM moves :O

• Advertisement

Ye but if he dosn't give them back, and NiM cannot get the locks changed, he'l have access to the place.. unless NiM moves :O

Which isn't going to happen cos I own the apt :(

But at least he can't get into your appartment with the common key!!! Are they ones you can't get cut without premission??

Pembily wrote: »
    But at least he can't get into your appartment with the common key!!! Are they ones you can't get cut without premission??

They are electronic fobs

I see... so he can get into the building but not into your apt?
    Is there a way of cutting the program on his so it wouldn work.....

I see... so he can get into the building but not into your apt?
    Is there a way of cutting the program on his so it wouldn work.....

I don't know the id's from them :(
    I'll get the keys back I'll just make sure I'm not here alone

I see... hmmm could you ask him- saying its for maintenance or something....

I wouldnt be waiting for him to get back, I'd have the number changed and everything else before he came just to get him out of the way.

Ye, definitley dont be on your own!

I need to get obliterated to make me forget about my thesis!! any helpers :D

I need to get obliterated to make me forget about my thesis!! any helpers :D

Oh I would only my body is dead from last night :o Next Saturday in Dublin???

yup, I have two things on that night so I *may* not be around all night :D

Eh I am tired...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

fook me sideways im so frickin dunrk y'all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Eh I am tired...

Me too, totally drained this evening :(

Me too, totally drained this evening :(

:( Are you coming to beers next Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

hai all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey

:( Are you coming to beers next Saturday?

Depends how much thesis work I have done by then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

evening girlies

how is everyone tonight :)

hey saran hows u?

• Advertisement

good good :) you? just having some tea!mmmm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hey everyone!

hey rebel :)

I suddenly have a mad craving for breakfast cereal. No idea why.

i suddenly have a mad craving for rainbow kirby, dunno why!

papa, stop posting and go to bed you silly fool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

good idea I'd say papa!!!

• Advertisement

hey again all:)

aww rebel, you know your drunk when you have having a dance off in the back seat of your neighbours car..with your neighbours!
    ohh lord, silly papa.
    ara, Kirby knows me to be a fool so ill get away it it hopefully.
    sorry kirbdawg:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hi

picturs papa or gtfo :D I don't drink ever, so never been drunk, but having a dance off in a car sounds like it could be major fun!!

hey psycho and links! goodnight papa :P

rebel ma dear, dont drink. it looks like fun, at the time it is fun, but the downside is the come down afterwards, and its horrible! hence why im online making such a show of myself!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement