Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge replace under warranty. New warranty?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I got a fridge replaced under warranty with DID/Zanussi. The fridge packed in about 1 month before the warranty ran out (makes a change from it running out the day after!!).

They tried repairing it but had no joy so they gave me a new one.

Just wondering if there is there a warranty on the NEW fridge? If it packs in in 6 months time do I just have to get it repaired/replaced at my own expense ?

Young lad in the shop was a bit vague about it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

As far as I know, it's for 12 months on replacement parts.
    I'm getting a part replaced on my boiler on the statuary requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

90 days or the remaninder of the existing warranty, whichever is longer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

this seems to be a bit of a grey area and wholely dependent on the companies policies from my experience. however, i do remember seeing some EU legislation on this before (which i've been trying to dig up ever since)

on a personal experience when i used to work in Hotpoint any appliance that was replaced (if it was 1 day old or 4 years old) be it washing machine or fridge was given a completely new warranty which was 1 year parts / labour and another 4 year parts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I can see why the guy in the shop was a bit vague now!

I'm going to ring Zanussi/Electrolux and directly and see what they say. I'll post it when I find out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

and luck finding out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Rang Zanussi/Electrolux directly and they say that I have another full 2 years manufacturer warranty from date of the delivery of the replacement fridge.

I registered my details with them and the model/serial number of the fridge.

The warranty covers parts and labour.

Seems very reasonable to me !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's good service from Zanussi / Electrolux.

Advertisement