Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S pre-christmas price hikes?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 10:54pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭

M&S is always pretty expensive but I buy bits and pieces there every week, usually a couple of lunches, fruit and treats. Last week I noticed a couple of things I usually buy had gone up overnight by a major amount. They do these nice raison croissants and they went up from €2.79 to €3.19 for a pack of 4, while the prepared fruit packs went up from €3.99 to €4.29 a pack.

Am I going nuts or has anyone else noticed big increases?

Also please no 'sure it is all robbery, shop in lidl' replies. I shop in aldi, lidl, tesco and dunnes too, but buy some items in M&S because I find them consistent quality and it is handy for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I noticed that the percy pig money pig with sweets has gone up to €15 and it used to be about €10 if I remember rightly but it is 3 for 2 now so really they are just ahving a laugh with that 3 for 2 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

definitely noticed this during the summer with strawberries. it was something like €4.50 for one punnet or 2 for €5.00, then it was but one get one free, individual price was something like €7. no better than hmv tbh, upping the price of a dvd from €10 to €20, and then offering the 3 for 2 on the same dvds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Food prices are rising dramatically everywhere, particularly bread, due to grain/wheat price increases.

Advertisement