Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In love with your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

that's just WRONG.

seems a bit harsh though. he hurt nobody, yet he goes on the nonce list. overkill for what amounts to using a bizarre **** method.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

That has to be the definition of a desperate man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

That's tragic for all kinds of reasons. And I notice his bike was a Claud Butler. You can already hear the lads down the boozer: "On top of everyfink else, he was a facking pooftah! Why couldn't he have chosen one wiv a noice girly name like Tracy Smith or Sarah Hunt?"
    Now there is liking your wheels and then there's...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm

strange indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

niceonetom wrote: »
    that's just WRONG.

seems a bit harsh though. he hurt nobody, yet he goes on the nonce list. overkill for what amounts to using a bizarre **** method.

Agreed. Considering how going on the sex offenders register could make him vulnerable to all sorts, it seems incredibly heavy handed, not to say unnecessary.

Velopedephelia or Bicycle Onanism? Either way it's a victimless crime m'laud.:rolleyes:

It's bad enough we have to 'lock up our bikes' to stop theft, but will we now have to add some sort of Bicycle chastity chain?:eek:

And at what point of the Bicycle does the amorous bike lover erm...'enter'?:confused:

I assumed he'd removed the seat post and used the seat tube, but maybe I've been thinking about it too much...
    unionman wrote: »
    Agreed. Considering how going on the sex offenders register could make him vulnerable to all sorts, it seems incredibly heavy handed, not to say unnecessary.

Velopedephelia or Bicycle Onanism? Either way it's a victimless crime m'laud.:rolleyes:

It's bad enough we have to 'lock up our bikes' to stop theft, but will we now have to add some sort of Bicycle chastity chain?:eek:

And at what point of the Bicycle does the amorous bike lover erm...'enter'?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

I also love my bicycle, but not quite in this manner. Would recommend you read Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman and The Dalkey Archice, warns against the over-using of a bicycle.

I assumed he'd removed the seat post and used the seat tube, but maybe I've been thinking about it too much...

1. You answered way too quickly, which makes it look as though you've thought about it too much...though in fairness I posed the question:o

2. It's a reasonable conclusion, but I can't help thinking there would be a significant degree of very uncomfortable chafing...which then brings up the question of the appropriate lubricants, and on that note...

That's right, and very funny they are too. Someone around here has a quote from "The Third Policeman" as his signature.
    I also love my bicycle, but not quite in this manner. Would recommend you read Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman and The Dalkey Archice, warns against the over-using of a bicycle.

Anyone interested in bike mechanics should always have a tub of grease to hand...
    but I can't help thinking there would be a significant degree of very uncomfortable chafing...which then brings up the question of the appropriate lubricants, and on that note...

Anyone interested in bike mechanics should always have a tub of grease to hand...

Touche!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 frenchie091

The cleaners were "extremely shocked"! I'd say they were. And the guy claims that it was "a misunderstanding after he had too much to drink.". Yeah, the misunderstanding being that he though it was ok to boink his bike!
    Although surely a grown adult is entitled to do whatever he likes in private with a consenting bike. Not that I've ever.......I mean.....
    I'll get my coat.

The cleaners were "extremely shocked"! I'd say they were. And the guy claims that it was "a misunderstanding after he had too much to drink.". Yeah, the misunderstanding being that he though it was ok to boink his bike!
    Although surely a grown adult is entitled to do whatever he likes in private with a consenting bike. Not that I've ever.......I mean.....
    I'll get my coat.

Why did they feel it was necessary to break into the room? What did they think he was doing?

I can't imagine myself getting amorous with my Langster, no matter how much I'd had to drink. Besides, I think she's seeing the Terry Dolan a few doors up, so already out of my league...:(

Fixies tend to be faithful to their partners. Maybe swap the hub to the freewheel (read "free love") side?
    Why did they feel it was necessary to break into the room? What did they think he was doing?

I can't imagine myself getting amorous with my Langster, no matter how much I'd had to drink. Besides, I think she's seeing the Terry Dolan a few doors up, so already out of my league...:(

Fixies tend to be faithful to their partners. Maybe swap the hub to the freewheel (read "free love") side?

Keeping her 'fixed' is my only guarantee of fidelity. The freewheel thing is strictly for swingers. ;)

You old traditionalist!
    Keeping her 'fixed' is my only guarantee of fidelity.
    The freewheel thing is strictly for swingers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

What did he do with the seat post then :confused::D

It is a bit harsh though that he was put on the sex offenders list when he was in a room and the women I presume were coming in to clean it!!!

Advertisement