Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring fridge temperature

Options
  • 14-11-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've recently bought a thermometer from Ebay similar to this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110183844905 but I've been using it for over a week now and no matter what setting the fridge thermostat is at the temperature displayed on the thermometer will not go below 12 degrees c, even though it is obviously much colder than that in the fridge.

I'd been using the fridge with the thermostat on no.2 (out of 7) for seven years and have lived to tell the tale! But this post got me thinking so I bought the thermometer. The thermostat is now at no.4 and the fridge is decidedly colder but it will be costing more to run.

I think I should have just left it alone in the first place! Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Get a digital thermometer in Maplin for €14 and leave it in there. Much more accurate than a plastic one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the temp dial on most fridges will usually only ever alter the temp inside the fridge by about 2-3 degrees at most which is why the temp is staying pretty constant.

Advertisement