Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's official - Cathal Brugha St has best canteen

Options
  • 15-11-2007 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

How come i haven't heard about this before? Apparently Spin 103 did a survey of all the DIT canteens. The food in Kevin St is classified as "relatively poxy" - no suprise there then! Full report below:

"Well would you adam and eve it, Joe knows all his DIT canteens. Cathal Brugha St's one is by far the most superior. It's where all the chefs train so their food ends up being eaten by very lucky students. But what it doesn't have going for it is its decor. That's where DIT Kevin St gets brownie points. Apparently it's lovely and airy with plenty of natural light. The food is relatively poxy though. And DIT Aungier St aint too bad either. But Joe still feels pretty luke warm about it. Cathal BRugha St is where it's at. So now ya know!"

Bolton Street doesn't get a mention for the large farmer size portions of cbbage bacon and spuds!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

"The food in Kevin St is classified as "relatively poxy"
    Thats a nice way of putting it. its more like an excuse for food

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Kevin Street does decent breakfast but Dinner sucks, I've found angier st to be the opposite, horrible breakfast but okayish food!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

did anyone see the new report that states: "smoking 10 cigarettes a day is worse for you than smoking none"?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,301 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

drogbaa wrote: »
    Bolton Street doesn't get a mention for the large farmer size portions of cbbage bacon and spuds!

Its fairly common knowledge that Bacon and Spuds is served much more often in Cathal Brugha street, and also extremely comon knowledge that portions in cathal brugha are bigger by far. It fact this may be why CB is frequented so much by students from bolton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

so Cathal Brugha Street has the best canteen?

Is it cheaper than Bolton Street though?

P.s I'm VERY cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 geordieboy

so cathal brugha street is the best, will try it next week to see. can tell you this, eat in bolton street each day and pretty good for canteen, like their carvery and portions big.... tried kevin street when over there with mate, its a disgrace. food terrible and hygiene leaves lot to be desired. haven't tried the rest. if don't eat in canteen usually use deco's, savage portions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

The Kevin street canteen isn't the best.
    I have tried Aungier street a few times and it's better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Not surprised really.Best described as pure dirt , (i.e. The Curry sauce) if kevin street could water dwn the meat they would!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

yeah the curry sause. i got that once it was watered down so much that it only looked like curry sause, didnt taste like it at all, funny thing is it had a hint of gravy in it!!!! (still couldnt tast the curry tho)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

Slightly off topic but im wondering if any member of the union can do anything about the boiler room that is the kevin street snackery. Was in there today and every single chocolate bar was melted with the stiffling heat. Apart from the huge wastage of electricity theres also a health aspect to be considered.
    I was talking to 'John', the guy who supervises the snooker and stuff and he said the only people who can do anything about it are the students themselves, and that the staff have complained over and over without any joy.
    Surely its not too big a deal to get someone to turn the heat down a notch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I go to Cathal Brugha Street and I can tell ya it's pretty cheap!

Brekkie there is possably the best value as you can get 2 slices of toast, 2 sausages, butter, ketcup and tea for about 1.80!

The Blue room and Green room upstairs is worth a visit too!

strychnine wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but im wondering if any member of the union can do anything about the boiler room that is the kevin street snackery. Was in there today and every single chocolate bar was melted with the stiffling heat. Apart from the huge wastage of electricity theres also a health aspect to be considered.
    I was talking to 'John', the guy who supervises the snooker and stuff and he said the only people who can do anything about it are the students themselves, and that the staff have complained over and over without any joy.

QFT.
    The snackery is far too warm most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 geordieboy

well credit where credits due, had big fry up this morning in bolton street and great cure for hangover, bout time the red sauce is free though, should always have been. think that beer in knightsbridge has something in it, can only remember having first few and rest night blur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Relatively poxy is my new favourite saying.

I had breakfast in Aungier St today. It wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best either but it filled the hole of hunger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

orla wrote: »
    it filled the hole

must.... resist.... jokes....

orla wrote: »
    Relatively poxy is my new favourite saying.

I had breakfast in Aungier St today. It wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best either but it filled the hole of hunger!
    you only had toast right?

tbh you can't go far wrong with toast...

but them burndt pancakes and beans with a skin forming on the sauce part, made me choose toast tbh.

Hot chili ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Who serves chilli these days?
    EDIT: I understood that as soon as hit send.
    There are loads of good places around Camden St. for food, hot chilli aint the end all and be all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

strychnine wrote: »

I think it's because they fit 500C heat lamps in instead of regular lights.
    Seriously, turn off the damn lasts or use Eco bulbs and it'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

drogbaa wrote: »
    The food in Kevin St is classified as "relatively poxy" - no suprise there then!

Bollocks to that, we only had one food poisoning incident this year in our class!

• Advertisement

i always look in on that Hot Chili place and the rice always seems like it's been sitting there for days.

i know rice lumps together when cooked but when it is perfectly square from a portion being cut out there has to be something wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Bollocks to that, we only had one food poisoning incident this year in our class!
    Good ol' sweet and sour beef :D.

Only thing Kevin St canteen is good for is their morning fry ups, can't be beaten!! Probably not too good on the aul heart though, ah well...

Advertisement