Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile/wireless Broadband in galway

Options
  • 15-11-2007 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All:
    I was thinking of getting myself some mobile broadband, so i can send my pics from the field (so to speak) and beat dealonines of the local papers I send to.

Has anyone started to use the 3, vodafone or o2 service yet? If so, can you recommend it. I mainly shoot soccer and field sports!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

Stay away from 3 if all I heard is true, much more info here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

and vodafone, i used it for a year and defo no no.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I will be at some point in the near future when I get my ass in gear look to the O2 version.

I have a mate down the road for me who is a journalist and he sends both pictures and voice recordeings to papers, TV & radio etc etc without any complications or hassles whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Foyleside

Thanks for the replies:

Will have to do a bit more research. 3 sounds like a nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I use the Vodafone one and its grand.

80% of the time it works very well, it gets a little sluggish at around 7, probably a peak time thing, the picks up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I use the Vodafone one for work, and its bang on. Occasionally the 3G connection goes down or is unaccessible to a signal and I've gotta use GPRS. Thats a real pain. A slow, agonizing pain. However it gets me out of a hole and still gives a connection.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Coverage with any mobile broadband providers depends on where you are when your using it and local envirmental factors (these include amount of people using a cell site),

So while it may be complete ****e for some people it can work perfectly for others, only way to find out is test it yourself imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I reckon you might get more feedback from a lot more people in the Broadband forum... I'm going to move it there.

*And over to Cabaal*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I use a vodafone 3G usb dongle with my work laptop and its always been fine. Pretty fast too. No idea what its costing though since I don't pay for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

However most of the time it's Mobile Internet, not Broadband.

• Advertisement
Advertisement