Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Series Five Then?

• 15-11-2007 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Broadcast date of January 6th and I just know my American Cousin will send me a copy soon thereafter :D but what are we expecting or what are we hoping will happen come January?

Some thoughts below - no spoilers since it's all just speculation but you shouldn't read unless you've seen up to the end of Season 4.

Personally I can't wait to see Marlow taken down! Stringer, Avon, the Greek & Co. were all ruthless but hell they all had at least *some* redeeming features. Marlow though........ As Bodie said he got to fall. Only question is who'll get him? McNulty & major crimes, a newly released Avon, a pissed off Omar or an about to be double crossed Prop Joe.

Though maybe Marlow will triumph over them all. I recall one of the producers saying saying something like Marlow is the natural progression of the drug trade - any residual concepts of honour or basic human decency have all been burnt away and all that's left is ambition and the use of people as expendable tools. I can recall plenty of quotes from the series supporting this viewpoint - Poot saying to Bodie - "yeah world gettin hotter, people getting colder though" and Slim Charles to Cutty - "game the same, just got harsher is all"

And I don't think the Wire does happy endings so maybe we'll be left with Marlow reigning supreme over Baltimore by the end of Season 5, having avoided the cops or let Snoop and Chris take the fall, fcuked over the Co-op and dealt with Avon.

Probably all seen this but the promo for Season 5 has one good tidbit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQVSvG5x54 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I would love to see Marlo fall,preferably in front of Omar's shotgun. But the way this show is,I don't think he will. As shown with Avon,once a drug lord falls,someone will take his place. So either they take down Marlo and someone else replaces him,or Marlo just doesn't get caught and continues on what he is doing.

he is one ruthless SOB I agree there,would love to see him fall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

don't care what happens as long as Marlowe dies horribly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

don't care what happens as long as Marlowe dies horribly.

Dont thik that will happen. At best he's behind bars.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Yeah. Marlo goes, Chris takes his place, and Chris is a far meaner mo'****er than Marlo.
    Chris or even that little ****ing scary girl who hangs out with him.
    I couldn't believe it when I found out that "he" was actually a "she".
    That scene when she was buying the nail gun was absolutely memorable.

(I'm secretly hoping Ziggy Sabatko(spl) breaks out of prison, whacks Marlo, Chris, and Snoop, and takes over Baltimore!. Now that would be awesome)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

I've a funny feeling that one of the cops r going to get kill this year. If u go back thru the series the closet we've come to losing one of the cops in major role was gregs at the end of series 1. In both season 3 & 4 we lost long serving cast members like stringer and bodie and I think to even the scales a oil a cop may have to go. If does ring true I s
    sure hope it isnt either the bunk r lester. Jasus I'd be heart broken if one of them where to die.

Personally I don't think marlo is going to die, this whole think started with the b&b crew so I think it will end with Avon meeting his final demise and marlo will keep on keeping on. God I can't wait for that montage!

I'll be lost when this season is over,between this and the sopranos finishing I won't know where to go for some quality true to life drama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Lester Freamon is on the case. Marlo will get got. I can't see the retired life suiting Omar so I hope he returns in Season 5.

Advertisement