Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista Performance Scores!!!!

• 15-11-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

My Rig

Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6, nForce-680i SLI

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.67GHz

Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 4096MB

2x Point of View GeForce 8800GTX 768MB (SLI)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2

LG DVD±RW burner, GSA-H55NRBB, 20x

Scored a 5.2?

thought i would have scored alot more for the spec of my system, a little disapointed with that but screw it it runs fat only got i today!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

I have a Dell XPS M1210 upgraded to 1.25GB of RAM (was a student when I got it) budt I still get a 3.9 rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/help/0fee4637-8b21-41f1-87f6-66d2205420d61033.mspx

Well , seeing as the best possible score is 5.9 thats not bad at all , the score is based on your worst performing part , the optical drive doesnt come into it at all so based on your spec your lowest performing part at a guess is probably the hard drive , a raid zero spec ( two hard drives acting as one in raid 0 ) would probably bring that up but youve only 0.6 to play with in Vistas benchmark and your doing pretty well so why bother?

Hogzy wrote: »
    My Rig

Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6, nForce-680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.67GHz
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 4096MB
    2x Point of View GeForce 8800GTX 768MB (SLI)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2
    LG DVD±RW burner, GSA-H55NRBB, 20x

Scored a 5.2?
    I have a Dell Dimension 9200 and it scored 5.6, my rig:

Intel Viiv Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz
    Single NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB
    Memory Dual-Channel 4096MB [4x1024] 667MHz DDR2
    2 x 320GB SAMSUNG HD321KJ Serial ATA (7200 Rpm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I score 5.9 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I scored 5.3.

Vista 64-bit
    Intel E6600, stock speed
    Abit AB9 Pro
    4GB PC5400 RAM
    4x various HDDs, no RAID going on. I think that's what kept the score down.
    256MB 7800GTX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

oh well that makes me happy! my memory only gets a rating of 5.2 and my hard disk gets 5.7 everything else is 5.9

reason the memory isnt higher is prob cos vista only recognises 3gb of my 4gb of ram...stupid vista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Hogzy wrote: »
    oh well that makes me happy! my memory only gets a rating of 5.2 and my hard disk gets 5.7 everything else is 5.9

reason the memory isnt higher is prob cos vista only recognises 3gb of my 4gb of ram...stupid vista

Not really. The rating is not necessarily based on the quantity of RAM installed but it's speed.

oh well in that case im surprised my ram got that high a score cos its not the fastest of stuff out there on the market! do you know if there is ny solution for the non recognition of my ram?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

do you know if there is ny solution for the non recognition of my ram?

Thats a limit of 32 bit operating systems in general , maximum amount of ram addressable is 4GB but needs to reserve some space for the system stack so the OS only sees just over 3 GB ,

So the only solution to that particular problem is to move to a 64 bit version of Vista , and that is pretty particular about drivers so dont even think about it until youve collected all 64 bit Vista certified drivers first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My score was 4.7, but there was a little message telling me to redo the test, which i did, and i've dropped to 4.6 :( The lowest is Graphics, it was higher alright, my gaming graphics is 5.1 which is odd...

Think i might need to update drivers or something...

• Advertisement

Drivers can change the index score. On my graphics card, a 256MB 7600GT, with the in-box Vista drivers I get a score of 5.6 for Gaming graphics. This drops to 5.1 with the latest reference drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bizarre, considering the nVidia drivers at the time of Vista's release were pretty rubbish!
    I upgraded to 64-bit last week purely to get the system to see all 4GB of RAM and its been flawless since :) I guess I'm fortunate in that all of my hardware has decent 64-bit drivers availabe. My system feels way faster (especially in games) than it did running 32-bit. I think something was screwy with my 32 bit installation :o

I had to pay Mirosoft the sum of €10+VAT to get a 64-bit DVD though.

I think ill hold off on getting the 64bit edition until another year or so down the line. im not having any performance issues with games as of yet so i dont wanna go mending something thats not broken!iv had bad experience with that in the past :-P

Advertisement