Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite PPV/TV set

• 15-11-2007 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit of a mark for good entrances so was just wondering what are peoples favourite entrance sets? the WWE seem to outdo themselves every year so i cant wait to see Wrestlemania 24s, 23s was ****ing incredible, what you see of it on tv really didnt do it justice,especially since the light rig went around the entire arena and the lights moved in time to the entrance music, Edge had the best entrance of the night after Taker but they showed bugger all of it on the tv broadcast

other mentions should go to:
    KOTR 2001 with the big electric chair
    KOTR 1999 with all the ladders
    Summerslam 1998/ Royal Rumble 2000: MSG always looks good with the small entranceway
    The RAW set when it had 2 smaller screens next to the Tron with the fists or hhh/stephs faces on it
    Wrestlemania 17, still looks amazing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Oooooh good thread

Classic era:
    Wrestlemania III i always thought looked great for it's time. IV didn't match it at all, especially for the carts

Wrestlemania IV and V. I loved Trump Plaza for those two PPVs. The steps down was a nice novelty touch and i really wish SVR 06 had used it instead of Mania IX :(

Modern era:
    Backlash 2002 with the swinging sickles looked great
    Wrestlemania X7 still looks amazing and has put every Mania after it to shame.
    Royal Rumble 2003 gets a special mention here as you'd see the backing of it when King and JR did their commentary. It looked like an important event.
    An MSG one that gets overlooked is Survivor Series 2000, especially when the Chamber was down.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

clip of edges entrance i took here, watch the actual tv broadcast and see how much of the awesome stage they didnt show http://www.dailymotion.com/krudler89/video/x3hg4e_edge-entrance-at-wrestlemania-23_shortfilms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If you want entrance sets watch an old dvd of Pride in Japan. Amazing production.

Toronto Sky Dome . It just looked so big . I remember Warrior running to the ring and it seemed like ages before he got there. I think that epitomized how big wrestlemania was . I hate MSG for wrestlemania. It looks so small .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

If you want entrance sets watch an old dvd of Pride in Japan. Amazing production.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Yeah, those Pride sets were something else. I remember watching some of the last ppv's and was shocked at the high level of production (much higher than UFC or WWE) for a company that was supposed to be hemorrhaging cash. Maybe thats where it all went wrong ;)

Obviously Mania 17 is the standard bearer and they usually put together decent sets for the bigger ppv's, but of the smaller events,

-I really liked the Armageddon set in '99 with all the tanks and that,
    -No Way Out of 2002 with the two trucks,
    -Much preferred the raw set of late 99-00
    -Anyone remember when Shotgun first started up and it wasn't like heat, velocity, but a show itself. They had a real ECW feel to some of those shows as they broadcast from live NYC spots, one of which was a nightclub I was in this summer called Webster Hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Anyone remember when Shotgun first started up and it wasn't like heat, velocity, but a show itself. They had a real ECW feel to some of those shows as they broadcast from live NYC spots, one of which was a nightclub I was in this summer called Webster Hall.

Yeah i remember that. They had Sunny and Brian Pillman presenting it as well i believe it. Sunny to do the interviews, Pillman was guest commentator. Smack bang in the middle of the nightclub, but it was more of a WCW feel to me. We're talking about a promotion who did their first Nitro in a shopping centre :D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah, those Pride sets were something else. I remember watching some of the last ppv's and was shocked at the high level of production (much higher than UFC or WWE) for a company that was supposed to be hemorrhaging cash. Maybe thats where it all went wrong ;)

You should see some of their shows from 2004 and 2005. I wouldn't say this about any other show but the actual production is worth the price of the dvd never mind the fights.

Advertisement