Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM VSR-10 'Pro Sniper' discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

"Its legal to own a SINGLE ACTION weapon with a muzzle velocity of over 1J but using them in skirmishes is a grey area. Most skirmish sites will not allow them."

Source:
    A UK airsofter who I think knows a bit more about it that you my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

"Its legal to own a SINGLE ACTION weapon with a muzzle velocity of over 1J but using them in skirmishes is a grey area. Most skirmish sites will not allow them."

is exactly in keeping with what i said. 1.35j is over 1j. did i debate that fact?
    you just cant use them in a skirmish. as legally its considered assault.

what i was wondering, is how come a lot of english sites have limits well over that?

thats the UK
    as far as N.I goes, the limit is 1j. for everything. anything over that is considered a firearm and requires a FAC. no matter what method of fire it uses. if you have an airsoft rifle over 1j in ireland, with a FAC, and bring it to the north, your FAC is not valid. as you need a NI specific one.
    N.I and UK have different firearms laws. yet a lot of people there break the 1j law there too.
    anyway, thats me done with that. i'm starting to get a pain in my face :)

You know N.I has different rules regarding Airsoft than the UK does, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Thanks CB,
    Just wondering about the G Spec. Will it still have the sights even though it has a scope rail with it? If I get it will I still need to get the rings and stuff for the scope? .25g or .30g. Is there gonna be a big difference with this gun? Is it worth getting the G Spec?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

No problem Viper. The G-Spec comes fitted with a scope rail. SO that means there are no iron sights attached and it also mean that you'd want to have a scope ready and waiting for when the gun arrived to get full use of it. Have a look at this link here, its where I got my scope and rings, only about €40 (including postage)...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-9x40-Scope-mildot-High-Weaver-Mount_W0QQitemZ200028195854QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7307QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Heres a couple of pics of that particular scope fitted:
    100_3727.jpg
    100_3726.jpg

As for the G-Spec, I dont know much about it, I think it has a better grade barrel than the Pro or Real Shock, it has the silencer of course and the scope rail as standard. The only one I know of here that has the G-Spec is TheRealEyesOnly, so maybe if he's about he may be able to help you on that one.

As for the bb's I'd say you'd be safe enough with .25g's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

ViperGTS wrote:
    Thanks CB,
    Just wondering about the G Spec. Will it still have the sights even though it has a scope rail with it? If I get it will I still need to get the rings and stuff for the scope? .25g or .30g. Is there gonna be a big difference with this gun? Is it worth getting the G Spec?

Thanks again

You dont get any ironsights, you'll need to get rings and scope as Croppy said .23g or .25g are better for range/accuracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Finaly got 2 try out my Real shock yesterday :D . Gotta say im very impressed with the range so far. It was extremely windy out so i havnt fine tuned the scope yet and i might be able 2 do a better job with the hop-up aswell. but i am impressed as a first impression [was getting dark so i only had a little while] Its certainly effective a fair bit over 150 feet with its 1 joule upgrade.
    I cant wait 2 get 2 try it out properly and sight her in fully. O yea the m3 im also very happy with [theirs no lies told when ya hear it is effective at 100 feet ill tell ya] Me and a friend of mine used each other for target practice lol [full mesh mask on ofcourse] And well their is no mistaking a hit from either gun even at long range which i am very glad off. I am absolutely dying 2 skirmish it seems like its going be best fun EVER! . My m8 is fully convinced after that and is very likely 2 buy a cm031 ak74 after being extemely hessistant before hand

Master of the Universe

yay! about bloody time man. you were waiting a long enough! glad your're happy with the range. i was suprised how far mine was able to shoot while still holding enough engery to make a good impact.

got myself a decent pair of combats today and a nice dark green shemagh in Army Bargains in dublin. havent been in that shop since i was a kid. they have some decent stuff. including holsters. wanted to get a woodland coat type thingy, but it was a little expensive at €70. that kinda money could go toward a gun!

I'm in folks. Ordered a VSR from Fire-Proof on Wednesday. (Great lads btw. Frank rang me from the UK just to tell me he had to charge me £10 p&p b/c it was'nt on the site) Ordered the 3-9x40 scope too. As soon as they're all here I can get practicing.
    One thing I was wondering the other day. I have a constant supply of OFN (Oxygen Free Nitrogen) either in work or the back of my van and I thought to myself "Could I use this as a gas in a GBB gun?"
    Any help on the situation?

yay! about bloody time man. you were waiting a long enough! glad your're happy with the range. i was suprised how far mine was able to shoot while still holding enough engery to make a good impact.

Ya lol only the god damn darkness stopped me shooting ;) . thsoe illuminated crosshairs are so sexual i have 2 say :p
    im thinking of getting a can of krylon OD green paint and painting the stock [its been painted black by its previos owned allready and does lok cool but i realy think OD green will look the mutts nuts :)
    I might buy a sling for my shoty and a scrim net of some sort for myself soon enough [was looking at flecktarn 5 pound for used combats and a fiver for a g3 sling which i think would look the part on me shoty] madness!
    bah!! cant wait 2 shoot me toys again.

O and viper good luck with your new rifle . Dont know anything bout the gas sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I've has my vsr for a few weeks, i love it but it does need to be upgraded, i currently fitted a new close bore barrel and an uprated spring to bring it up to the 1j limit, but i think i need to upgrade the sears as it dosent lock easily when cocking it.
    i want to get out into the open to try it out as my garden is too small to test it properly.
    I was thinking of setting up 2 pulleys, 1 above my garden door and another at the end of the garden with fishing wire, that way i can hang a proper man shapped target and reel it out to the end of the garden while sniping it from inside the house, similer to a proper shooting range,

Master of the Universe

illuminated crosshairs? who's a fancy pants :D

i wouldnt try out that gas in a gbb no...as i've never heard about anyone trying it. if you're lookking for cheap gas, check out the propane adaptor sold by airsoft-innovations. their site is down at the moment, but there are lots and lots of positive reviews about it. i'm getting one myself as soon as the site comes back online.

when i use my rifle in the garden, i set up a small plant pot up the very top of the garden, and shoot from an open window in the house. the plant pots are great because you can see impacts really easy from a distance. plus its really nice to have a destructable target ;)

illuminated crosshairs? who's a fancy pants
    :p Yea its the best scope ive ever had[had a few for my air rifle] and its so so cheap its got a metal protecting thing on the front which makes it around 17 or 18" long and makes me "toyish lookin" VSR into a vicious looking beast :D
    i want to get out into the open to try it out as my garden is too small to test it properly.
    I was thinking of setting up 2 pulleys, 1 above my garden door and another at the end of the garden with fishing wire, that way i can hang a proper man shapped target and reel it out to the end of the garden while sniping it from inside the house, similer to a proper shooting range,
    Wish id a garden big enough to do something similar ,sound cool.

yay 100th post :cool:

Got my VSR today folks. Have to admit, it is a really nice gun. Nice smmoth bolth action, handy safety design and a clean and neat spring action. Can't wait to try it out. i'll keep posted on how I get on. Still no scope yet though :rolleyes:

You know those illuminated crosshairs are made of a material called Tritium which is an isotope of hydrogen, has a halflife of about 12.5 years then breaks down to helium and is used to make the "variable yield" in tactical fission devices by being a massive source of fast moving neutrons?...Now you do!

thats exactly how id describe them myself :confused::confused: lol
    nah i was always wondering how they worked tbh, cheers for that it makes "remote sence" now :D

Lol, no problem...damned physics forced down my neck for the Leaving...cant forget all of it!!

except for the everyday stuff like like tritium and variable yields lol :p

Im am a fountain of random information.

Master of the Universe

Locked for cleaning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement