Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD STI Clinic

Options
  • 15-11-2007 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hey, does anyone know about the details of this, seen posters for it round campus a few weeks/months ago, but didn't stop to read them.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

contact Welfare Officer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You make an apt through giselle in the general office in the SU, you can contact here by phone or email or drop in, unfortunately i can't remember the exact details.

Last I heard there was a 4 week wait for the service as they can only send 10 students a per clinic. It's held on a thursday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skull_candy

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

It's only a pilot scheme to prove to the college that we actually need the service and hopefully they'll find it in future, not the SU. There's a bit of a waiting list, I'd go private myself if I had to.

Well it is a private clinic like - the SU are subsidising it heavily. The actual cost is over 100e and it's costing 40e through the SU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Surely you can get these all done with your GP, a visit is generally about €50.

Not all GPs do STI screening and a full STI screen costs well over 100e due to the costs of the tests.

Advertisement