Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THat guy Emo Philips

Options
  • 15-11-2007 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

I've seen this guy on the just for laughs program a few times and i have a question.
    Does he have something medically wrong with him? Or is he just that weird?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jtsuited wrote: »
    I've seen this guy on the just for laughs program a few times and i have a question.
    It's called a 'stage-persona'. He rarely drops it when he does do the rare interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

And it's always disappointing when he does. Same with anyone with a strange stage personna. I'm still upset that Bobcat Goldthwait doesn't really talk like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I saw his brilliant standup show in dublin there a few months ago. Its takes a few minutes to get used to the way he talks but after a while it becomes a great part of his act. The man is a comic genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

He used to look weirder when he was younger with that mad haircut. He is of course a comedy legend. And he is a very very intelligent guy too.

Btw I hope you are all catching Just for Laughs at the moment on Paramount Comedy mon-fri at 23:35. Nothing beats Just for Laughs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

jtsuited wrote: »

Saw him in Kilkenny a few years ago - he's hilarious. Killer one liners.
    Just takes a while to get into the voice - it's worth it though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement