Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green flashing alternating lights on controller?

• 15-11-2007 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just got an XBox 360 Elite and while playing one of the games the lights on the controller flash green alternating between the quadrants.

What does this mean? There were no obstacles in the path between the console and the controller.

Also, apart from the controller turning itself of how do I know if the batteries need replacing? Does a light / quadrant flash on the controller?

Thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The flashing lights thing is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about!

If you press the xbox button on the controller you will see how many bars are left in your battery in the top corner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hi,

Just got an XBox 360 Elite and while playing one of the games the lights on the controller flash green alternating between the quadrants.

What does this mean? There were no obstacles in the path between the console and the controller.

Also, apart from the controller turning itself of how do I know if the batteries need replacing? Does a light / quadrant flash on the controller?

Thanks...

I'd recommend a plug and play charge pack if you don't have one. The flashing lights are telling you the battery/ies is getting low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

is that not to let you know the battery is getting low? i always assumed it was

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I can't recommend one of the quick charge kits enough

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360quickchargekit/

€30 and a great investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Ronan wrote: »
    I can't recommend one of the quick charge kits enough

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360quickchargekit/

€30 and a great investment.

But sure if you use the play&charge kit you don't have to stop playing to charge the battery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

I retired my play 'n charge for the quick charge. If you can wait for the first batter to charge, you all set. I only bought the play 'n charge for the batter and not the need to charge while playing since the quick charge also comes with a battery. I've always got one in the controller and one in the charger, and the quick charge will charge quicker than the controller will drain, so I'm never without a fresh battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

helios wrote: »
    I retired my play 'n charge for the quick charge. If you can wait for the first batter to charge, you all set. I only bought the play 'n charge for the batter and not the need to charge while playing since the quick charge also comes with a battery. I've always got one in the controller and one in the charger, and the quick charge will charge quicker than the controller will drain, so I'm never without a fresh battery.

The play and charge battery lasts for ages though... one charge did me for the duration of PGR4, and then some!
    I couldn't recommend the play & charge kit highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

But sure if you use the play&charge kit you don't have to stop playing to charge the battery

ah yes, but the quick charge has 2 batteries, one is already ready and you don't have the cord stuck to your controller :)

But the play and charge kit is good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Rechargeable batteries FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Rechargeable batteries FTW

+1 and much cheaper too

• Advertisement
Advertisement