Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing a hole in the ceiling!

Options
  • 15-11-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭

Hi, Last night while up in the attic (bungalow) checking out a small leak I was trying to put a pot under the leaky connection before I stupidly lost a bit of balance and shifted my weight forward, not thinking I put my arm out and sure didn't I go through the damp plasterboard ceiling!

Anyway, now I need to fix it, the hole is quite small so a square foot of plasterboard will easily do but can anyone tell me what is the smallest size of plasterboard I will get at a builders suppliers? I would like to have an idea before I go in and they laugh me outta there!

Pity there is no building site nearby because I have often seen small chunks of plasterboard dumped.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I have seen small sheets (maybe 2' * 4') in the likes of B&Q recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

TKK wrote: »
    I have seen small sheets (maybe 2' * 4') in the likes of B&Q recently enough.

cool, i might give them a ring so. thanks for the prompt reply TKK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

you can get 2' * 4' for about 6-8 euro from Woodies, B&Q etc or less at a providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If the gap is that small you could consider "no more nails"-ing a piece of plywood or the like over the gap in the attic side. once this dries just plaster over the hole in a few stages, finishing with skimcoat/carlite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Go into any site ask the lads for an of cut :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement