Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error on installing WoW...

Options
  • 15-11-2007 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

So I bought WoW yesterday, installed, got up to disc 5 on the installation, and this happened:

The file "D:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\common.MPQ : World\Maps\Kalimdor\Kalimdor_26_41.adt" could not be written. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQTarget::DoMPQCopy)

Anyone have any idea what the problem is? I was really looking forward to playing this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Look at your disc 5 - is it scratched/damaged? That would be my initial thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

I had a look, and I couldn't see anything, not a mark. do you think it's an error with the disc? as opposed to something on my laptop?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

had teh same problem myself with a centrino laptop 2 years ago, solved it by installing it on a pc and ripping the program files onto an external harddrive and transfering that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You could copy all the files from the cds to your hard disk and install from there. There's no copy protection that I'm aware of. That's the way I had to install it on Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

Thanks guys, I'll give that a go.

Should be getting an actual PC on friday, may just wait to install it on that. Was gutted when it wouldn't install!

My laptop's processor is a intel core duo 1.6ghz, it's rather good, 2GB ram, and runs loads, never usually have a problem with games ya know.

Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

As far as I know, there is a common issue similar to what you have described with certain CD/DVD drives and the WoW disks. As already suggested, copying to your hard drive and installing from there should sort it.

Advertisement