Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Broadband and Sky+

Options
  • 15-11-2007 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi
    I have heard rumours that ericom broadband doesnt work too well after installing Sky+
    Does anybody have any tips for keeping the two working together. I currently have a standard Sky box permanently connected to the phone line and the broadband works fine. The only 100% way I have heard is to unplug the phone line from the Sky+ when using the broadband

cheers

grasscutter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I think the rumours are unfounded. I've been using Sky+ for years now with Eircom broadband and no problems whatsoever. If your current Sky Box is connected permanently to the phone line without any problems, there should be no difference in plugging in your SKY+ box instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

proper quality DSL /Phone filters.

Best is a master filter (usually twice the filter power of a microfilter) feeding alll the phone outlets and the DSL modem.

There is only a problem if either people don't have a filter on it at all, or it's a poor quality filter.

Note on filters marked phone and Modem, ONLY the DSL goes in "modem" socket. Any other kind of Modem, Sky box, Fax etc goes in the "phone" socket.

You can also plug in a microfilter and then a 2nd one into "phone" and Sky box into "phone" of 2nd one to get extra filtering.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sky will work fine aith any Broadband service as long as its correctly filtered, DON'T get sky wired directly into a phone socket it MUST be connected through a ADSL microfilter.

Anybody peddling such rumours is talking out their arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

thanks for the replies folks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

just remember, every analog device needs a filter. You treat your sky box the same as a phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement