Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Div 1/ Premier Divison Playoff Thread

• 15-11-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Semi Final: Finn Harps V Dundalk Friday 16th November

Final: Waterford V Winners of above match

Play off semi tomorrow up in Ballebofey.
    Finn Harps last 10 homes read WWWWWWWWWD F21 A 2
    Dundalks last 10 aways read WDLLLLLWLD F7 A 14

Dundalk Team News: Dundalk’s promotion hopes have been dealt a severe blow just 48 hours before this game, with the news on Wednesday evening that John Gill has been forced to draft in four under-21 players for the side’s trip north. This move comes as a result of yet more crippling injury news, with David Crawley (ribs), Robbie Doyle (head) and captain Aidan Lynch (calf) now all expected to miss out through injury. This trio is added to the already long absentee list, which contains suspended duo, Shaun Williams and Trevor Vaughan, and injured quartet, Vinny Perth, Philly Hughes, Ben Whelehan and Kevin McArdle, leaving Gill with just 12 fit outfield players for the club’s biggest game of the year.

Looks like an away win to me.:cool:
    Come on Dun Dealgan!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I priced a flight home for this :) sssshhh don't tell the missus. Too Expensive , i don't expect a win at all but i don't expect the players not to let down the 400+ away fans traveling from everywhere to watch dundalk play.Next season is a massive worry for Dundalk one team up , no play off , at least 5 teams trying for 1st spot. This match could mean Dundalk will stay in the elephant graveyard for a very long time , while all budgets will be going to off the field activities.

Ps : Gill please give Mulvenna a start.

PPSS : I Finally know who is pighead is :D FACT !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sarge wrote: »

Ps : Gill please give Mulvenna a start.

PPSS : I Finally know who is pighead is :D FACT !
    Gill said last week that it wouldn't be fair to start Mulvenna in such a huge match. Hopefully the amount of injuries that have piled up will force his hand. Looked impressive last week when he came on against the mighty Kildare.

PS: Nobody knows who Pighead is! Not even Pighead himself. FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pighead wrote: »
    Robbie Doyle (head)
    Rofl.

His head has been injured his whole life.

Gill said last week that it wouldn't be fair to start Mulvenna in such a huge match. Hopefully the amount of injuries that have piled up will force his hand. Looked impressive last week when he came on against the mighty Kildare.

PS: Nobody knows who Pighead is! Not even Pighead himself. FACT.

I think he has no choice but to start Mulvenna , seen as Doyle is out Hughes out , Treves suspended. i really don't want to see Keith dunne play up front with Smyth from what i have read this year , dunne has had a disaster of a season.

Only after remembering something Pighead : When i gave Robbie Dunne a lift home one day he was telling me how ONCE he played up front for bray and scored a hat trick. Could be interesting ;)

Haha , just found the link for you guys to read to back up my story to a certain extent :)

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=206550&postcount=9

• Advertisement

Excellent stuff! I predict a draw tomorrow with Robbie banging in an Extra Time winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Are there many people travelling up to Donegal for the game?? I can't due to work, even though it would only take me an hour from work.

Prediction: 2-1 to de town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Harps will win the semi, but Waterford will stay in the Premier.

And I'll be saved a trip to the RSC.

ibh wrote: »
    Are there many people travelling up to Donegal for the game?? I can't due to work, even though it would only take me an hour from work.

Prediction: 2-1 to de town..
    I'd go along with Sarges estimate of 400 or so. Should be a cracking atmosphere. Harps supporters are a rowdy bunch! And whats all this "I have to work" nonsense. Tell your boss Dundalk are playing in their biggest match for many many years. Don't even wait for him too speak, just walk out the door and drive. In time he'll understand.

I'd go along with Sarges estimate of 400 or so. Should be a cracking atmosphere. Harps supporters are a rowdy bunch! And whats all this "I have to work" nonsense. Tell your boss Dundalk are playing in their biggest match for many many years. Don't even wait for him too speak, just walk out the door and drive. In time he'll understand.

Done.

• Advertisement

I have honestly done this , Lucky for me the boss was doing the driving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Would love to see Dundalk do this. I reckon it'll be Harps VS. Waterford though with Waterford coming out on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 harps HT

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

C'mon de town ;)

zabbo wrote: »
    C'mon de town ;)

So many of them in the wilderness outside Dubland who you up for?

harps won 2-0

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

2-0 and well deserved too. Doyle amongst others should never wear the white shirt again, its a shame that he wasn't actually unavailable. Harps hopefully will beat Waterford now in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Dundalk stay in the graveyard another year.

Jobs oxo. :D

Dundalk stay in the graveyard another year.

Jobs oxo. :D

Do you go to rovers away matches? lets be honest my only care for this playoff is that i dont have to travel far for the away game in the PL.

so ehh dundalk go !

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Do you go to rovers away matches? lets be honest my only care for this playoff is that i dont have to travel far for the away game in the PL.

so ehh dundalk go !

kdjac

yes I do. including two trips to the open sewer that is Oriel Park last season. Hence my desire to see them rot in D1, and with a bit of luck the A league, forever.

Harps is a cracking away trip where the locals are welcoming and knowledgeable about their ball. You have to thump your way in and out of Dundalk.

The even managed to mill UCD fans in the cup up there ffs. Thats like hitting your little sister.

yes I do. including two trips to the open sewer that is Oriel Park last season. Hence my desire to see them rot in D1, and with a bit of luck the A league, forever.

Harps is a cracking away trip where the locals are welcoming and knowledgeable about their ball. You have to thump your way in and out of Dundalk.

The even managed to mill UCD fans in the cup up there ffs. Thats like hitting your little sister.

lol forgot you been there recently :o

been a while for me but closer than harps, freindly when stan got the job was last time, god bless he was there.

kdjac

• Advertisement

lol forgot you been there recently :o

been a while for me but closer than harps, freindly when stan got the job was last time, god bless he was there.

kdjac

the first division was actually fun once we realised we would walk it. Except for Limerick and Dundalk where there were locals queueing up to have a go. Interestingly the only two places that we were attacked are the only two places in the division that have totally missed out on the tourist boom.... Galway, Donegal, Kilkenny, Cobh, all wonderful hosts. There were locals on roofs of houses throwing bricks in Dundalk while Templemores finest hid. Join the dots Bord Failte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

First division is decent enough the away trips are great. Must say I hate Ballybofey, it's a kip of a town and the stadium is sh*t. Can't beat a train journey down to Cobh though.:D

the first division was actually fun once we realised we would walk it. Except for Limerick and Dundalk where there were locals queueing up to have a go. Interestingly the only two places that we were attacked are the only two places in the division that have totally missed out on the tourist boom.... Galway, Donegal, Kilkenny, Cobh, all wonderful hosts. There were locals on roofs of houses throwing bricks in Dundalk while Templemores finest hid. Join the dots Bord Failte.

What a load of rubbish , your a rovers supporter you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Don't be coming on here trying to paint us with the same paint that has tarnished your club for the last half a century.Your supporters exploits are only too well known through the lenght and breath of this country , I don't need to point out how many times that Shamrock rovers supporters have been in the media for all the wrong reasons.

Don't come onto this forum and pretend that flowers grow from your arse , and also this rumour about dundalk fans starting on UCDs finesest well that is the biggest load of waffle ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

:):):)

you a rovers fan?

the irony

Haha don't worry you'll learn not to take anything OhNoYouDidnt says seriously about anything. Just smile and nod;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Thats news to me. UCD brought about 100 fans to OP and not a word about any trouble. You want to check your information there. Interestingly that the only trouble that I remember last year was against Shamrock Rovers on the streets afterwards. Interestingly too that Rovers had problems down in Limerick last term, you connecting these dots at all?

Thats news to me. UCD brought about 100 fans to OP and not a word about any trouble. You want to check your information there.

Don't come onto this forum and pretend that flowers grow from your arse , and also this rumour about dundalk fans starting on UCDs finesest well that is the biggest load of waffle ever.
    DSB wrote: »
    Haha don't worry you'll learn not to take anything OhNoYouDidnt says seriously about anything. Just smile and nod;)

http://www.dundalkfc.com/News/070821_Gill.html

Thats the Dundalk manager personally having a go at your fans for attacking UCD fans.

Run along now

http://www.dundalkfc.com/News/070821_Gill.html

Thats the Dundalk manager personally having a go at your fans for attacking UCD fans.

Run along now

Where in that article does it say anything about Dundalk Fans roughing up UCD fans again you have linked to an article that you have not done anyback ground/research on. Again I don't think one person on this forum takes you seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

anywaaay.......

Play-off dates

Tuesday November 20
    Finn Harps vs Waterford United - Finn Park 7.45pm

Friday November 23
    Waterford United vs Finn Harps - RSC 7.45pm

and none of these matches are scheduled for live TV! :eek:

also Derry City play Cobh Ramblers on Monday night in an FAI makey uppey match to please the First Division clubs for a place in the Setanta Sports Cup

• Advertisement

Where in that article does it say anything about Dundalk Fans roughing up UCD fans again you have linked to an article that you have not done anyback ground/research on. .

Last Thursday’s events at the UCD game was the latest in a number of incidents over the past three weeks, both at home and away matches, and the message from the club and its real supporters is clear to the people who have carried out these attacks on the name of our great club - we no longer want you attending games

This happened, and you came on here calling me a liar when even Dundalk FC admitted there was an incident and went public. Grow up, you were wrong.
    Again I don't think one person on this forum takes you seriously.

A bit hard to swallow from someone who has made a plank of themselves like you have on this.

Have some pride and let it go.

No where does it say attack on UCD fans . ANYWHERE.

No where does it say attack on UCD fans . ANYWHERE.

Last Thursday’s events at the UCD game was the latest in a number of incidents over the past three weeks, both at home and away matches, and the message from the club and its real supporters is clear to the people who have carried out these attacks on the name of our great club - we no longer want you attending games

Let it go, you are embarrasing yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Hard luck Dundalk. Would have been poetic justice for you to get up. And a little more interesting than watching Finn Harps...

No complaints about the result on friday. Just have to rebuild and try again next year. Great start to the season and really should have pushed on and won the league but being honest Cobh and Harps deserved to finish ahead of us. Clear out of players is required. Need to bring in some quality especially up front. Struggled for goals from about a third of the way through the season.
    Good luck Harps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

and none of these matches are scheduled for live TV! :eek:

And thank **** for that - no club associated with the first division or a game at the RSC should be allowed near the TV screens!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Agreed, the premier division is still hit or miss for live games on TV, so the 1st Division shouldn't be anywhere near TV. And also, the RSC should be levelled. Worst ground in the Premier Division by a mile, and I include Cobh Ramblers pit in that as well.

Derry scraped past Cobh 2-1 last night to earn their spot in next years Setanta.

Harps play Waterfird tonight. Im hoping Waterford can negotiate this better than last year, but doubt they have what it takes. They are an incredibly poor side.

Going for a 1-0 win for Waterford, pity they'll be no Waterford fans there supporting them:D

Going for a 1-0 win for Waterford, pity they'll be no Waterford fans there supporting them:D

The Dundalk game on Friday was on Dundalk FM and some waterford fan kept texing in. The commentator got p!ssed off with him and said, "Waterford are a well supported team, with your 30 fans than made it to the playoff in Oriel last year. The playoff that you lost....":D:D (paraphrased a bit!)

I love having biased commentators especially when they don't let objectivity get in the way of their broadcast.

Finsihed 3-0 to Finn Harps, with Pat Fylnn being sent-off for Waterford. Cronin said after the game that he will resign before Friday if the Board want him to leave.

• Advertisement

raheny red wrote: »
    And thank **** for that - no club associated with the first division or a game at the RSC should be allowed near the TV screens!
    I definitely agree the First Division should be censored from live TV, unquestionably bar the odd decent match it's a piss league but i would still have liked to see one of the play-off legs on the box, i recall the Dublin City/Rovers 2nd leg live a couple years back and it was actually an enthralling match to watch!

anyway, hoping for a 4-0 Wahherford win on Friday, i hate Harps

Finsihed 3-0 to Finn Harps, with Pat Fylnn being sent-off for Waterford. Cronin said after the game that he will resign before Friday if the Board want him to leave.
    that was completely and utterly unprofessional of him to say that half-way through a two legged tie irrespective of what his emotions were after such a disappointing defeat

i hope to god the rumours of him going to Shels aren't true :confused:

i hope to god the rumours of him going to Shels aren't true

Agreed.

Keeley seems intent on a DOF role so you gonna need someone who can kick you out of that league, Cronin or Reynolds tbh.

kdjac

Keeley seems intent on a DOF role so you gonna need someone who can kick you out of that league, Cronin or Reynolds tbh.

kdjac
    well in that case if we want to do kicking properly then Reynolds please :D

many Waterford fans have been of the opinion all season that Cronin is a sh!t manager and his actions last night are not symbolic of the characteristics of a level headed and disciplined manager that you need to get out of the first division, talk about not having any confidence or even respect for your players when there was still 90 minutes to play and still the possibility of a tie to be won is absolutely shameful IMO

i'd almost prefer Roddy :eek:

i'd almost prefer Roddy :eek:

he wouldnt take it, you cant be relegated till 2009 so maybe then.

kdjac

i hope to god the rumours of him going to Shels aren't true :confused:

I actually was told about 2 weeks ago about him moving to Shels by a contact in Waterford. Hope to God it's not true.

3-3 tonight. Harps are back in the Premeier Division. Cheerio RSC. Back to the graveyard where you belong.

Congrats Harps.

http://www.btid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=877

best ground in the 1st division

kdjac

Tis a nice stadium, but I hate with a passion running tracks around pitchs.:D With no huge derbies (except the Kilkenny one who brought no fans to Tolka twice) how are they going to fill two stands now.:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement