Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In light of Pigheads Question in the Bar,

Options
  • 15-11-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

If your partner didn't quite like some thing about you would you change it. I know when i started going out with my partner i used to swear a lot, still do but not as much, but he didn't like it too much, neither did my family. Apparently mouth like a fishmongers wife, as my dad called it, isn't too attractive to the opposite sex. So i try to tone it down a bit

Or if you didn't like something about them would you ask them to change.

Thoughts ladies and gents?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The only thing I've changed about my other half is that he shaves more now. I don't like stubble and he's quite hairy so it's painful! He shaves much more regularly now because i kept complaining about it! I don't think he's changed much about me, except the fact that I now admit I'm wrong sometimes which I never did before!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wouldn't change a damn thing. Take Pighead as he is or don't take him at all.

You don't like Pigheads massive todger? Fine, fcuk off and find one of the bgrh lads instead

You don't like a hairy chest? Fine, go fcuk a ladyman.

You don't like it when Pighead farts and burps? Fair enough, Pigheads recent farts have been rank. Wouldn't tell you to fcuk off over that one to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Fine reply there Pighead, as usual, but please try and be a bit nice, less of the fcuk etc.

be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jules80 wrote: »
    Fine reply there Pighead, as usual, but please try and be a bit nice, less of the fcuk etc.

be warned.
    Flipping hell, this place is a bit flipping strick isn't it? Pighead didn't realise there was no flipping swear words allowed. How many of those flipping warnings are dished out before the flipping bannings take effect?

Back on topic, if Pighead really really really really really really really really really really really liked a girl he might change his hygiene habits for her ie shower more than once a forthnight. She'd have to be special though.

Not strict but is there really a need for all that swearing, and flipping is find makes you look nicer!

ANd im sure we can find you a girl that looks like the durty type....

Now back on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What the fcuk was that warning for ? Bit of a power surge there.

/me high fives pighead.

Not a power surge Sarge, all i did was ask to watch the language, its in the charter \o/

Gotta love that charter....

Now topic please guys.

If your partner didn't quite like some thing about you would you change it. I know when i started going out with my partner i used to swear a lot, still do but not as much, but he didn't like it too much, neither did my family. Apparently mouth like a fishmongers wife, as my dad called it, isn't too attractive to the opposite sex. So i try to tone it down a bit

This is something I try to control also not because he minds which he says he doesn't but just that he doesnt do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Personally if i love someone i wouldn't ask them to change but however in both cases there can be adjustments made , a good solid relationship is based on compromise , I would never ask someone to change there personality.

Now thats a Fcking FACT ! :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You can take the girl out of tallaght, but you cant take tallaght of out the girl.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Anti wrote: »
    You can take the girl out of tallaght, but you cant take tallaght of out the girl.

You can take the Leek out of your arse but you cant take the arse out of your Leek....or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ah, but you can also take the OP's boyfriend out of the Forum....

But you can't... em. Yeah. :p

garthv wrote: »
    You can take the Leek out of your arse but you cant take the arse out of your Leek....or something.

Yeah, nice one there bosco..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeah, nice one there bosco..

I try.

I try.

try moar harder plz !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

You can take the Leek out of your arse but you cant stop the leak out of your arse.

To contribute: No, take me or leave me, tbh. I am who I am, and if I have to change who I am to suit someone else, then I'm not me, I'm a projection of THEIR ideal person. If they want that, and I'm required to change to BE that, then they can keep on looking, in my opinion. Everyone's happier.

Can we keep it on topic guys please.

Can we keep it on topic guys please.

No ;)

No ;)

JA!

Windsock wrote: »
    JA!

The boss has spoken. Back on topic. What ever it fapping was :confused:

• Advertisement

I share my Power 50/50, both here and with Mr WindSock.

I cut his hair sometimes, he tells me what clothes he doesn't like. Sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'm extremely stubborn, so wouldn't change anything for a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Change? Well I suppose the usual rules regarding monogomy, other then that, hygiene and help around the house. Compromise, and the natural changes, but I wouldn't force someone to change nor would I be pleased with being asked to change radically either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I changed quite a lot of things about myself for my ex....when you have to start changing things about yourself you should know they're not the one for you really shouldn't you....oh how foolish I was...

Ah well, you learn from your mistakes. I won't change a thing about myself for the next person that comes along, like it or lump it, this is me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I try to stick to my maxim, "to thine own self be true", while I won't make any major changes to my life for someone I will make miner ones, as long as they don't put me out.

For example, an ex (if one could even call him that) wanted me to stop hanging around with one of my mates because he didn't thrust him, that didn't happen and I showed him the door instead.

Come to think of it, he's the only person to ask me to change anything :rolleyes:

I did try to change another ex though which was ultimately fruitless, he can not be who I want him to be if its not in his nature as turned out to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

My OH doesn't particularly like swearing either so I try not to swear all that much around him but I don't really see that as a major change or changing myself. I also prefer him stubbly so he shaves less now.

Aside from that I'd never change anything major or stop hanging around with particular friends etc because he doesn't like them and if he asked me too then I wouldn't particularly want to be with him anymore. You love the person you're with as a whole, you can't pick and choose!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ill be more tidy when he stops all his racist/bigotist/generally shocking statements just for a reaction from me.

so far, neither of us has changed...

Advertisement