Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Ho for Santa

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Aussies are a bit thick anyway... i'll just lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Actually, it could well be worse!!
    Imagine a poor kid with an odd facial defect going up to one of the Santa's, only for him to start laughing... 'hahaha'....

:eek: Never thought of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

keen wrote: »
    For **** sake that's ridiculous, what will Santa say instead?

Ha ha ha,

Im Happy Gift Man/Woman/Equal Opertunist!

Tofu for all!

Merry December Festival!

Maybe this is what the year 3000 will be like too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Motosam wrote: »
    Ha ha ha,

Im Happy Gift Man/Woman/Equal Opertunist!

Tofu for all!

Merry December Festival!

Maybe this is what the year 3000 will be like too.

Hmmm, the word 'Merry' might upset alcoholics. Get rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

prendy wrote: »
    these PC people really wreck my head...i mean Ho Ho is offensive????
    if someone really gets offended by a santa saying ho ho then theyve a lot bigger issues.:mad:
    Agreed.

I swear there are people employed in little grey government offices just to think this shit up!

Or else in the back of the newspaper offices to think it up as a pishtake ...

I'm really really hoping it's the latter in this case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Terry wrote: »
    Heh, although I thought he said "married" first.

Wonder what Boards' own Santa Claus would have to say about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Santa should say LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm assuming that for the "ho, ho, ho" to be changed there had to be some sort of substantial campaign to actually get it changed.

Someone should give anyone involved in that campaign a serious beat-down. If there is anything worse than not getting behind a good cause it's getting behind a stupid, pointless cause. I had a teacher in school like that.

And of course there is the irony that in trying to eradicate the evil "ho, ho, ho" it has merely made the phrase topical all over the world. Real smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

This is ****e. The spread of stupidly PC guff makes me want to to be purposely offensive. I love being offensive. I don't necessarily always mean it but ffs this crap has gone way too far and I don't know how it can be stopped.

I can remember going to see Santa and getting my photo taken and then getting a colouring in book with a five pack of felt tip pens. I loved that. C*nts want a Wii these days. I sound like an old fart but I am 27. Conscription from the age of seven I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

it's the way the world is going...

TOWARDS TOTAL FUC KING ANARCHY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

So they think Santa is actually saying "Whore Whore Whore"? The closet misogynistic roots of the Christmas season come to the fore at last! Down with this sort of thing!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a BGRH protest march on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

This is so stupid, how thick can people get, I remember last year people were saying that it shouldn't say Merry Christmas on public decorations...it should say seasons greetings because of different religions....people need to get a life!

Advertisement