Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods in Equestrian forum

Options
  • 15-11-2007 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

I woulk like to inquire as to the reasoning for choosing the mods, ruggiebear and zarabra. Neither have ever posted on equestrian related topics. Zarabra maybe a little. I think they are doing a good job so far, but i would like to point out that the equestrain forum has potential to be much more. Someone with expertise in horse matters should have been apointed.

I have nothing against the mods but i would like to have seen someone who posted there regularly get a modship (and before anyone says it, i am not suggesting myself).

So why these mods??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Interestingly Zaraba is aware of this thread yet allows it to continue without answering, either through a sense of dignity and decorum befitting his modly status or just because he's mischievous and loves Feedback threads :D

Actually, eh, I was out shopping with my girlfriend.. but I liked the modly decorum thing, I'm going to go with that one!

Togster has PM'd me and clarified that he jumped the gun somewhat and I am happy to leave the matter there.

As far as I am concerned, the matter is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Just cleaning up to get the question and answer together on the same page:)

The equestrian forum was created on 12th October and had been without a mod until yesterday, we are doing a clean up exercise at the moment, changing a few mods here and there and the equestrian forum came up. As it turns out zaraba had some past experience with our equine friends and he was also a existing mod, so had a little experience of boards.ie moderation which make him an easy choice.

We do not have a selection process, we like to choose people we know ( and I do not mean have met - you get a sense of what people are like by their posting style) and have been on the site for a while, we especially like when mods suggest co mods or a replacement. We dont always get it right but its the easiest process and seems to be still working reasonably well after 9 years.

So that was the process applied here, it may be slightly different the next time, and Im pretty sure that as the forum becomes more successful, co mods will be required and will probably be chosen based on previous experience of moderation (20%) if any and contribution to the community (80%).

V.

Ps, bet you wish you had posted on the Help desk instead

Advertisement