Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll; Where do you buy your Glasses / Contacts

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Have always gone to Specsavers, in Drogheda, Dublin and Navan. Haven't had any problems. Went in recently and the optician said I didn't need new glasses and said that my headaches were probably due to stress. He was lovely and we had a nice chat (GPO arcade). I was surprised by this considering it's a chain branch business, I thought they would be keen to sell. Once had my old glasses fitted with prescription sunglass lenses for free. And the two for one offer which seems to have always been there is pretty nifty all right :) They've also replaced broken frames for me several times for free no questions asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

robinph wrote: »
    I've got my glasses for Specsavers for years now but other than the first months worth of contacts I now buy them online. Just have to figure out which brand it is that Specsavers rebadge as their own and then get them for half the price from the US.

For Daily Lenses
    If the lens diameter is 13.8 they are Ciba Vision Dailies.

If the lens diameter is 14.2 they are Bausch and Lomb 1 Day Soflens

Advertisement