Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Repair Centre

• 15-11-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,

Got the dreaded ROD the other day and the Xbox was picked up to go back for repair yesterday, my question is what is the average wait time you had to get it back ???

Thanks for any Info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

mcgrailg wrote: »
    Hi,

Got the dreaded ROD the other day and the Xbox was picked up to go back for repair yesterday, my question is what is the average wait time you had to get it back ???

Thanks for any Info

15 working days, just sent mine of on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

Yeah thats what they said to me as well, are they sticking to that tho ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Well i Sent my xbox off to get repaired.........it was 5 weeks until i saw my baby again!!!!!!!

If you have any problems just keep complainingm they will probably give you a game or 3 month free subscription to Xbox live

i have heard some horror stories alright 6 weeks plus hope to god its no where near that long tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Ok, I had some experience with this -

I sent mine off on the 22nd of October in a box, detached all accessories from the console and was sent via UPS. Now I was getting a bit impatient by now and decided to ring Microsoft up for a tracking number as all packages are sent with tracking numbers - I looked up the site and found that my expected delivery date for my 360 is the 16th, tomorrow. So all in all it took me 20 business days for delivery, ive also heard reports
    of people getting back consoles with HDMI inputs and quieter disc drives so im hoping for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Does Microsoft not offer a facility to check the status online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Does Microsoft not offer a facility to check the status online?

They do indeed,- clicky

As long as you've previously regestered your xbox's serial number online,
    you can log in and check the status of the repair.

Although, I sent mine off last week and UPS confirmed delivery at the German
    service centre on Tuesday morning, but when I check the xbox site it still says
    "Waiting for device at service center" despite the fact I know it's there!

Bah, ineffecient Germans!

is there any way of finding out which email you registered with ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Well mine arrived in Germany last Friday. Just wondering do you get the same console back or do they just exchange it for another refurb?
    I bought a used 360 which gave up the ghost after 1 week - it kept freezing every minute or two. After much aggro and many phone calls
    I managed to get MS to take it back for repair. MS claim to have registered the console in my name but I can't get any info when I log in
    to the above link. Worse still the clowns completely screwed up my return address and put is simply as Laois, Dublin (the Americans running
    the call centre don't realize there exists an Ireland outside of Dublin). God knows if I'll even get it back now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Darwin wrote: »
    Well mine arrived in Germany last Friday. Just wondering do you get the same console back or do they just exchange it for another refurb?

when i sent mine off to Germany i got the same console back in 15 days fixed , traded it in a few days later as i had no faith in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Clover wrote: »
    when i sent mine off to Germany i got the same console back in 15 days fixed , traded it in a few days later as i had no faith in it.

When you traded it in Clover, what did you need with it? (Eg cables, controllers etc?)
    As I've none of the original packaging or even the receipt.

I think I'll trade up to an Elite when mine comes back from Germany. I know I just won't trust it. It'll be like a cheating girlfriend. I'll always be suspicious of it, the trust is gone.

A-Trak wrote: »
    When you traded it in Clover, what did you need with it? (Eg cables, controllers etc?)

I think I'll trade up to an Elite when mine comes back from Germany. I know I just won't trust it. It'll be like a cheating girlfriend. I'll always be suspicious of it, the trust is gone.

I decided to do the same but then my girlfriends brother offered to buy my 360 when it came back for the same price gamestop would give me. So I went straight out and bought an elite yesterday

oh CoD4 is a lot of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Vegeta wrote: »
    I decided to do the same but then my girlfriends brother offered to buy my 360 when it came back for the same price gamestop would give me. So I went straight out and bought an elite yesterday

oh CoD4 is a lot of fun

Did ya find the Elite noticably quieter?

Ive a day 1 premium, thinkin of upping to an elite!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did ya find the Elite noticably quieter?

Ive a day 1 premium, thinkin of upping to an elite!

It is definitely noticably quieter but still nowhere near as quiet as I feel it should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thatll put me off it now til they get shrinkin those chips again!

Im sure its quieter, not really quieter though!

you need the cable that came with it for connecting to your tv * ( make sure you bring the little scart adapter block thing ) * , the hard drive , one wireless controller and i gave in an unused head set also but i don't think thats required.

i took mine to gamestop and they checked the console and i got €260 store credit in under five minutes .

Vegeta wrote: »

oh CoD4 is a lot of fun

bought an elite myself for halo 3 and i'm glad i did as it's worth it for the xtra hard drive space alone plus the new warranty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

You're absolutely right! Mine was a repair job that didn't last a week. I think I'll do the same when (if) I get it back.

will gamestop give you credit for the likes of the Play and charge and stuff like that ?

mcgrailg wrote: »
    will gamestop give you credit for the likes of the Play and charge and stuff like that ?

i'm pretty sure they would , you can buy alot of second hand 360 stuff in gamestop . controllers , wireless adaptors etc..

give them a quick call to find out what they will take .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

will they fix mine?
    because mine is working now,but every now and again i get three flashing red lights and it stops working for days it annoys me so much.im sendin it when i get back from spain.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement