Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Guarantee

Options
  • 15-11-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Ive recently failed my NCT and I was wondering if anyone knew of a garage that deals with Citroen's where I can get a pre-NCT done with a guarantee that anything that fails will be fixed for free.

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Absolutely nowhere would guarrantee something like that unless you paid thm a huge amount of money first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

No garage is going to guarantee that kind of service. You could do damage to the car just driving to the NCT itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Well there are some places coz a guy in work got his pre-NCT test guaranteed as did a mate from home so I think you guys might be a bit outta touch.

Does it matter where you get a pre-NCT test done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The only thing some garage will do is, if you buy a car from them and the NCT is up, or nearly up ( within a few months ) they will do any repairs to get the car through the NCT as part of the sale.... They are basically saying as part of the warranty on the car they will make sure it gets through the NCT.

As the others have said if you go into a garage of the street, they will do a pre-NCT check so you have a fairly high degree of confidence in passing, but there is no way they would guarantee that it would pass, and if it didn't foot the bill for repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

The best thing to do is to get a car serviced before the NCT and anything stupidly obvious like tires/cracked windows sorted out.

Then do the NCT, and then fix whatever they find afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

PDD wrote: »
    Well there are some places coz a guy in work got his pre-NCT test guaranteed as did a mate from home so I think you guys might be a bit outta touch.

Does it matter where you get a pre-NCT test done?
    I'd be of the opinioin that: no he didn't.
    Even things which are in PWO can fail the NCT potentially making the repairs more costly than the car itself.
    Can you ask your mate where guaranteed the unknown and how much it cost him? Was the guarantee written down? What was covered by the guarantee? Did they need to make use of the guarrantee?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any place that offered this kind of guarantee would potentially be exposing themselves to a world of pain and financial ruin.

Advertisement