Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy fresh fish?

• 15-11-2007 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good spot to buy fresh fish in the city centre? None of the shops around by way have fish counters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Sawyers (I think its called) on Chatham st - if it's still there!

And Fallon & Byrne have a fish counter, not too sure where they get it from, but they do have a tank with shellfish in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

olaola wrote: »
    Sawyers (I think its called) on Chatham st.
    Last time I was in that area (only a week or so ago) that place looked well and truly shut, and has been for some time. I vaguely recall seeing a sign up when they first closed up the shop saying they were renovating, but there doesn't seem to be much happening.

Also saw this ...

http://www.forkncork.com/content/showthread.php?threadid=820

so maybe they are just moving after all. Not sure, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

http://www.seafoodcircle.ie

List of seafood retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

There's a place called Kish around Smithfield that is (apparently) amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

A little bit out of town is Wright's of Fairview, which is supplied from Howth, where the also have a shop, called Wright's of Howth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

DesF wrote: »
    A little bit out of town is Wright's of Fairview, which is supplied from Howth, where the also have a shop, called Wright's of Howth.
    also in howth, Beshofs has just opened up a massive new place. Oyster bar in the back too :D There will be a fish restaurant when they are done too.

In the city centre, Baggot street. Im not sure of the name but its beside the Burger king Or mCdonalds (not sure which).
    Also there is usually some on moore street.
    do not forget supermarkets like Dunnes.

Advertisement