Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Health Check

Options
  • 15-11-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi All

Has anyone had a business health check from the Dublin City Enterprise Board?

If so, did the person conducting the check first of all produce the report, and then say that his company could quote for the equipment and serices recommended in the report.

What is the code of conduct that should be used?

thanks in advance
    Paddyo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

I know a few people who conduct the tech checks for DCEB.

They are IT consultants, not hardware/software resellers and honest guys.

Their job is to analyise your business based on a questionare they have
    and they will then make recommendations on how to improve your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Hi Information

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate that most of the consultants are honest people.

I do know of a company where a health check was carried out and the consultant offered to quote and is quoting for the recommended equipment and services. Is this allowed within the code of conduct? This hardly vendor independant as outlined in the DCEB website?

Just wondering if, in general, anyone would go with this guys advice?

Paddyo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's not allowed within the code of conduct, and they should be reported for it. And I wouldn't take the guy's advice, since he could easily - and probably did - tailor the advice to his own business. A conflict of interest is a conflict of interest.

On a related note, I sent the Cork City CEB an email - two emails, actually - asking to be considered for the programme, and didn't received so much as a reply. Perhaps the CEBs should consider a Check themselves.

adam

Advertisement