Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pole dancing classes or Burlesque classes??

Options
  • 15-11-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

It;s not a sleazy thing, its the latest craze worldwide in Gyms and stuff.

Does anyone know anywhere in Galway that does it?? Just a bit of fun with some friends...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

/gets out popcorn and waits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Typical boy!

No I read on another forum that a lady tried to start burlesque classes in Galway and she was told " WE DON'T SUPPORT STRIPPING!!!" Wherever she went......... burlesque classes are about feminity THERES NO STRIPPING involved.... you wear cute corsets over T-SHIRTS AND Trousers!!!!!! Anyone whos seen the movie SCHOOL FOR SEDUCTION with Kelly Brook would know that!

Small minded country people....tut!

Typical boy!

Oh I didn't mean wait for stripping/pole dancing, I'm waiting for the responses from some of the other regulars in this forum :)

Its Not Stripping!!!! Wouldnt Do That In Public If I Was Paid A Million Euro!

• Advertisement

I know that, no need to shout. I said I wasn't waiting for stripping, remember? I was just confirming what you clarified here:
    THERES NO STRIPPING involved....

My, you are sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

OP keep me posted if you do find something. Would love to do it!
    they did run a workshop in the rowing club once or twice on a Saturday I believe but couldn't make it.
    Would be such a laugh and a great life-skill ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

sensitive_soul: chill out please. Refrain from using more than one exclamation mark per post.

OT: I'm pretty sure I've seen ads in the Advertiser, cafés etc. advertising such classes.
    More power to ye, a woman who can dance is in another league.
    And as for the definition of burlesque, vaudevilian, bellydancing etc. Vs striptease, they are related, and occupy some of the same monkeybrain regions.
    What's wrong with performing a seductive and erotically charged dance with skill, poise and grace? Fncking social taboos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well you'll be happy to know that the Christmas party in Halo this December is a Burlesque night :)
    It's a lot of fun for the lads too ..I've my top hat , Cane and Tux ready lol
    All i'm missing is a cigar and a brandy to match haha

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try http://www.polestars.ie/ they may have something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Its Not Stripping!!!! Wouldnt Do That In Public If I Was Paid A Million Euro!

Really? Hell id strip down and dance around eyre square for a few hundred euro.

Any takers??

Yeah I tried polestars last week....nothing, a girl asked but got no answer on their forums...

I'm gonna but one from Ann Summers methinks and use the DVD.

Halo Xmas Party??? AWESOME!!! I've fishnets, red satin corsets, red lipstick and all, cant wait!!!!!

Roish...bit more research done....there's a christmas workshop on the 2nd, berlesque routine to SANTA BABY with a Dutch lady.....and I rang Halo about the Burlesque night, he seemed very confused about how I knew..he goes " DO you mind me asking how you found out about this?" Anyway, thats on on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Roish...bit more research done....there's a christmas workshop on the 2nd, berlesque routine to SANTA BABY with a Dutch lady.....and I rang Halo about the Burlesque night, he seemed very confused about how I knew..he goes " DO you mind me asking how you found out about this?" Anyway, thats on on the 7th.

You're a PR/Events person Sarah ...it's easy to find these things out when you know the right people ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Anyone whos seen the movie SCHOOL FOR SEDUCTION with Kelly Brook would know that!

Kelly Brooke was the only reason I watched that film, but MY GOD was it ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Wouldnt Do That In Public If I Was Paid A Million Euro!

Spoilt brat.

Fobia wrote: »
    Spoilt brat.

Hehe, I am aren't I? lmao! But the girl running the burlesque class is gonna get in touch with Halo to see can we perform something! Clothes however-STAYING ON!

So is anyone else coming? It's NEXT sunday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

What time is it on at and where is the workshop on in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Is clothing optional?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No, it's not striping unless you start off wearing clothes.

ScumLord wrote: »
    No, it's not striping unless you start off wearing clothes.

Who said it was stripping? I don't recall saying that...

Madge its on in the rowing club on Sunday, Lisa's number's in the advertiser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yeah I tried polestars last week....nothing, a girl asked but got no answer on their forums...

I'm gonna but one from Ann Summers methinks and use the DVD.

Halo Xmas Party??? AWESOME!!! I've fishnets, red satin corsets, red lipstick and all, cant wait!!!!!

We don't monitor our forums that much. We really only have them so our students can keep in touch with each other. If you email us, we can give you information about our Burlesque classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

IrishTLR wrote: »
    We don't monitor our forums that much. We really only have them so our students can keep in touch with each other. If you email us, we can give you information about our Burlesque classes.

RangeR's a pole dancer now? how does this reconcile with your "i only wear black" ultra cool matrix nade tossing persona type thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

RangeR's a pole dancer now? how does this reconcile with your "i only wear black" ultra cool matrix nade tossing persona type thing...

Way off topic, dude :) But LTNS. 1.75 is out very soon. Come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Who said it was stripping? I don't recall saying that...
    Well I just assumed.... :confused:

OMG!!

IT was soooo much fun!!!!!!!!! There were about 40 of us! Averyone really got into it....turned up in really awesome outfits...ont mention the girls that turned up in thongs and sheer babydoll dresses...wtf? we had to sit on out bums and stretch our legs..... I had to turn into the corner of the room so I wouldnt be exposed to any crotch, ewwwwww!!!!! Found out there's poledancing classes *polarcise* in January.... muahahaah cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

OMG!!

IT was soooo much fun!!!!!!!!! There were about 40 of us! Averyone really got into it....turned up in really awesome outfits...ont mention the girls that turned up in thongs and sheer babydoll dresses...wtf? we had to sit on out bums and stretch our legs..... I had to turn into the corner of the room so I wouldnt be exposed to any crotch, ewwwwww!!!!! Found out there's poledancing classes *polarcise* in January.... muahahaah cant wait!

Polarcise. Well I'm so doing them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

OMG!!

IT was soooo much fun!!!!!!!!! There were about 40 of us! Averyone really got into it....turned up in really awesome outfits...ont mention the girls that turned up in thongs and sheer babydoll dresses...wtf? we had to sit on out bums and stretch our legs..... I had to turn into the corner of the room so I wouldnt be exposed to any crotch, ewwwwww!!!!!!

Be there windows in this place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement