Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent places in Dublin to buy LPs/vinyls/records?

Options
  • 15-11-2007 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

The only places I've heard of are Abbey Discs and Road Records, but I haven't been in town in a while, so I haven't checked them out. I know Sound Cellar has a few vinyls, but a pretty crap selection in general.. For any store that you recommend, could you please tell me where it is or give directions? I'm also looking for websites in the UK in Ireland that sell vinyls. I'd prefer Irish sites, as it generally costs a good bit to buy from the UK these days. It's cheap enough to order from the US, but postage generally ends up costing me about the same amount as it does to buy records from the UK anyway.

I'm not interested in buying anything too obscure, just bands like The Beatles, Dylan, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Freebird records in temple bar arnt bad
    I buy most of my vinyl online from ebay you can get some bargains if you search sales about to close then limit it to vinyl and bid on the records nobody else has got some New Order records for 1c each of course you have to pay postage but you can still get good deals if your willing to spend enough time to look.
    I have a few prefered sellers on ther for non second hand stuff as well.
    Gemm is great for obscure stuff but is expensive as hell.

Also on 23/24th of November there is a record fair in temple bar in filmbase
    I was at the last one and spent 3ton lots of great stuff if you get there early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Luinros

Yeah, I generally use eBay, but only for things that are hard to find/limited/aren't sold in regular shops. However, I'd prefer to buy from actual stores when purchasing more common albums. Mostly because there are a lot of different versions of the most popular albums, so I want to make sure I'm getting what I'm looking for...

Thanks for the response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

freebird and to a lesser extent tower

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If there's any Nick Drake fans, tower have a great vinyl boxset for E50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 almidonado

Borderline Records in Temple Bar has some real gems sometimes, as does Spindizzy in the George's St. Arcade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I egularly made w/e trips to London for records alone. 2nd hand shops are also great, at my busiest I used to pop into any charity shop whereever I was.

It was always pure chance but sometimes you could find a box dropped in by one person who could have had the same tatse as you.

You also get the warm glow of walking away with 20e wqrth of vinyl and knowing you helped a charity by getting it for 1 :D

Advertisement