Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fox Make Family Guy Without Seth Mcfarlane

• 15-11-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox is producing fresh episodes of its animated comedy "Family Guy" without the participation of its striking creator Seth MacFarlane, who does many of the main voices, sources said.

The last episode completed before the Writers Guild of America strike began November 5 aired Sunday. Fox and sibling studio 20th Century Fox TV had the choice of going into reruns or continuing the show without MacFarlane, whose outspoken defiance of his employers has made him a cause celebre for striking writers.

After a large writers rally outside the Fox lot on Friday, where he was one of the speakers, MacFarlane said the studio could proceed without him, though he hoped it would not.

20th TV had no comment on the matter Tuesday but confirmed that it remains in production on new episodes. The first episode finished without MacFarlane's blessing has been delivered to Fox. Sources said it is one of three very close to completion, with others in various stages of production.

In addition to executive-producing the show, MacFarlane voices the characters of Peter, Brian and Stewis Griffin, the male members of the hapless Rhode Island family at the core of the domestic satire.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

WHAT!? Thats like making pizza without cheese!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It will be like South Park when Chef joined the Super Adventure Club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I would love pizza without cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

So what are the voices going to be like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Lame. Though I don't like Family Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Mordeth wrote: »

Would that just not be weird??? Its all about the cheese man :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I don't get it though, who's writing them if the writers are on strike??

Or is it that the show has been written, but not fully produced and stuff?? What sort of scab would come in and record Peter's/Brian's/Stewie's voices?? And would the rest of cast not step back too??

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭arcade1

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It will be like South Park when Chef joined the Super Adventure Club.

south park has been good without chef, and how they got rid of him was genius.
    south park without chef is nothing like family guy without seth, mainly because chef was only one voice but seth does 3 of the main ones.

you clearly dont know anything about what you are talking about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

that's a terrible idea. fox really have their heads up their asses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

arcade1 wrote: »
    south park has been good without chef, and how they got rid of him was genius.
    south park without chef is nothing like family guy without seth, mainly because chef was only one voice but seth does 3 of the main ones.

you clearly dont know anything about what you are talking about!

What I was referring to about that episode was how they used bits of Chefs voice from other episodes but do continue to make incorrect assumptions if it makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Lame. Though I don't like Family Guy.

WHAT :eek::eek:!! Wash out your mouth immediately! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

So what are the voices going to be like??

I am most curious myself as to how this would work.... the voices are a massive part of the character.... and it'll be awful if you have someone 'attempting' to be Seth McFarlane..... unless you're a *really* good imitator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I think they mean they have 3 episodes which where nearly finished writing/producing and they are finishing them off. Still to do it without the voices is stupid. I hope all the rest of the actors go out to support the strike as well to make it impossible to do them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Umm the voices are probably already recoreded no? It doesn't say that they're not and if they're almost finished, I imagine they're all complete. The finishing touches are probably in the editing room which Seth is annoyed about because he should have a say in the final cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mordeth wrote: »
    Pizza Hut will do them for you. In other places get the low fat cheese option, it doesn't taste like cheese:)
    dulpit wrote: »
    Or is it that the show has been written, but not fully produced and stuff??
    I'd say thats it. Apparently they're all recorded but family guy likes to play around with it right up to a couple of days before broadcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Im doing one of the voices, i sent a e-mail to jobs@fox.com and they replied bacl so all i have to do is make my way there and i get to do the voice of stewie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Family Guy Without Seth Mcfarlane would be like the Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ixoy wrote: »
    Umm the voices are probably already recoreded no? It doesn't say that they're not and if they're almost finished, I imagine they're all complete. The finishing touches are probably in the editing room which Seth is annoyed about because he should have a say in the final cut.
    ^^^ What he said. My undersanding is that the recording is all done, it's just finishing touches on animation/editing that remains. The couldn't possibly do an episode without Peter, Stewie, Brian, Quagmire, Tom Tucker, Mr Pervert, Joe Swanson (I think) and a whole host of other voices that MacFarlane does. It simply wouldn't be possible,

I think the plan is to finalise it without his sign off. Something he's described as a colossal dick move.
    MoominPapa wrote: »
    Family Guy Without Seth Mcfarlane would be like the Simpsons.

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

maybe we can get an episode pulled

then we can get the show cancelled forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Ya, I think voices are recorded before the animation is done. I think I heard that from The Simpsons creaters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dman001 wrote: »
    Ya, I think voices are recorded before the animation is done. I think I heard that from The Simpsons creaters.
    simpsons = family guy?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Cremo wrote: »
    simpsons = family guy?
    No but I assume there's a fairly standard process for voicing animations - what's used for "The Simpsons" is probably used for "Family Guy" as well. I'm guessing that's what the poster meant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Do Fox have Family Guy contractually tied down for a certain number of more seasons? cos otherwise youd surely expect the manatee, i mean Seth McFarlane to give FOX the finger and head elsewhere (Comedy Central maybe)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

cremo=apologetic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Do Fox have Family Guy contractually tied down for a certain number of more seasons? cos otherwise youd surely expect the manatee, i mean Seth McFarlane to give FOX the finger and head elsewhere (Comedy Central maybe)

Think the contract only runs to end of current season- read in a article about this topic somewhere that he was trying to use that as leverage to stop them doing it without him-No dice. Wouldn't be surprised if it moved to Comedy Cnetral, but does Mc Farlane really want to move to a network where there are two better cartoons currently active[in futuramas case next year]-Futurama and South Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Wouldn't be surprised if it moved to Comedy Cnetral, but does Mc Farlane really want to move to a network where there are two better cartoons currently active[in futuramas case next year]-Futurama and South Park.
    He's also giving up network TV for cable, so he'd have to drop his pay demands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

**** it who care she will still have enough money to live, no need for him to be a greedy kunt.

He should just tell fox to piss off, they killed firefly and family guy and futurama, **** them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭tommythecat

In any animation programme be it a movie or tv series the voices are recorded before the animation is done. I would say that the voices for this show were probably recorded six or more months ago. The animation is then done. Then the picture editing followed by the sound edit and mix. It takes quite a while to make an episode and the voices are one of the earlier things done.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The last two episodes ive seen which both are part of the ones finished since the manitee has been on strike again were awful

• Advertisement
Advertisement