Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New in Cork - need some advice!

Options
  • 15-11-2007 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I've recently arrived from France, with my two black kitties, Kimba and Kobi in tow.

In France they (and I!) were used to cat litter that was termed "compact" on it's packaging, very small, round grains, it clumps extremely well (a wee would just be a solid ball, and you can take the whole thing out on it's own with a scoop, none of it fell off). All I've managed to find over here so far is the flaky clay stuff, which I'm not a huge fan of I have to admit.

Does anyone know anywhere I can get my hands on the compact stuff, even if it's online, as it's a much easier product for me and my cats to deal with.

We're also looking for recommendations on a good vet in the city. We're located south east ish of the city, with no car, so easily accessible would be good.

If anyone knows of a larger size pet store, where we can stock up on toys and other bits and pieces, we'd also be very grateful. We've found 2 in the city itself (one near the bus station, and one on North Main Street) and I wouldn't be comfortable giving my money to either (the animals weren't kept in the greatest of conditions :()

Many thanks!

Leo and the kitties

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Can't help with vets in Cork City but fully agree with you on the pet shops in town. If you feel like taking the bus out to the western subburbs, check out Maxizoo in Ballincollig (Westside retail park, off main road next to the old Aldi), they have a wide selection of toys & also stock a good range of pet foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

www.pet-bliss.ie is a great site for EVERYTHING for cats! I love it. I dont know if this is what you were looking for but I use catsan for my two, it clumps when dirty, stopping smells etc. You can just buy it in any supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

If anyone knows of a larger size pet store, where we can stock up on toys and other bits and pieces, we'd also be very grateful.

There is a place in Ballincollig (5 miles West of the city, on the Macroom Rd) called Maxi Zoo. It's up behind the cinema (Reel Picture House). This is a huge warehouse type store that stocks a lot of gear.

As for vets, this was posted recently on this forum...

Advertisement