Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer exams

Options
  • 15-11-2007 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

anyone know the block dates for the summer exams? as in when they're finished? ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Monday 5th May - Friday 16th May

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Summer is May ish, not December.

See here for all important dates, including summer exams
    http://www.ucd.ie/registrar/dates.htm

Damnit, didn't catch myself fast enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

they can't start on monday, 5 may, it's a bank holiday!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Are you really sure of that????

This is UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Are you really sure of that????

This is UCD.

So cynical :D Shouldn't be any on bank holiday, will find out and let you know

Well iirc the bank holiday used always be in the reading week because we'd have a 3 week break, now with the 2 week break exams start that bank holiday and seeing as they'll need all the available days to get the exams finished don't be surprised if they are scheduled for the monday....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

When I was in first year our exams started in the week of the bank holiday but they didnt start until the tuesday. Not that that automatically means that the exams wont be on the bank holiday, but I'd rate it as highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well iirc the bank holiday used always be in the reading week because we'd have a 3 week break, now with the 2 week break exams start that bank holiday and seeing as they'll need all the available days to get the exams finished don't be surprised if they are scheduled for the monday....

Where are they going to get Invigilators on a bank holiday? Or lecturers to attend? Or administration staff for when it all goes wrong?

Hence why i said it's UCD......

• Advertisement

Where are they going to get Invigilators on a bank holiday? Or lecturers to attend? Or administration staff for when it all goes wrong?
    I'd assume the same place that they usually get them, but they'll pay them more.

Advertisement