Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote Central locking fob

Options
  • 15-11-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have a 96 civic and the remote central locking fob fell apart on me. I was searching around the net and came across instructions on how to reprogram a fob to the car. I then began looking on ebay for a replacement fob, I found plenty of Honda fobs but none the same as mine(It's a one button fob, open and close). All the ones I can find are like the one below, would anyone know would these fobs do a 96 civic.

5742_2.JPG

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

is it the rover type civic? and is it original honda part or an aftermarket alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

vtec wrote: »
    is it the rover type civic? and is it original honda part or an aftermarket alarm?
    Pardon my stupidity here but what is the rover type civic?? It is the original honda central locking - no alarm. Just found a picture of the fob I had before it fell apart!!
    8bc5_2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

I also would love to know the answere to this question as my one button fob fell apart on me.
    Anybody have any idea if the two button honda fob will work?
    Any help appreciated...

Advertisement