Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with noisey neighbour !!!

Options
  • 15-11-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

But theres this little pr*ck - with a black civic big exhaust and K&N filter who takes a short cut through my estate ( And always up my road ) at a serious pace and really does scare me he's going to mill one of the neighborhood kids one of these days.

I have pretended to step off the path out in front of him one day as if I didn't notice him when he was passing - he'd have milled me and kept going I would say had I not stopped.

Does anyone know what I can do ?
    Little f*ck is going too fast for me to get the reg plate to ring traffic watch, although I generally can hear him coming from miles off.

OK, I was no angel when I was younger, but not around busy housing estates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Traffic Watch would help if you could get his plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

wait for him and throw a ball out in front of his car...then when he stops confront him and pull him out of his car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

throw somethin at his car when he's driving by , that'll get him to stop. - i suggest a rotten egg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done C Breeze lets cause a crash, why not eh?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Follow him home stick a nice big spud in his exhaust pipe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

and throwing a ball out won't?

Take it with a pich of salt but what i was getting at is do something (from frantically waving your hands to throwing an egg, ball or a loaf of bread!) to get him to stop. Once he stops confront him or if not, at least you'll have time to take down his reg!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Táck wrote: »
    wait for him and throw a ball out in front of his car...then when he stops confront him and pull him out of his car
    This has got to be the dumbest post of the day, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Ring the cops, they love speeders :p

Take video evidence of the pr1ck, he will hit someone eventually. We had one in our estate, drove like a bat out of hell, didn't give a sh1t when asked to slow down, a week later he ran over and killed his landlords dog in front of about 10 shocked kids. His grasp of the english language improved when confronted by angry parents and his landlord. Seems to have got the message and takes it a bit easier now. He was also told what would happen to him and his car if he ever struck a kid never mind a poor old dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Do what skibum suggests, or take the other suggestions and end up in court yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Speed Bump. Even if it were a tempoarary one. It would slow him down enough for you to take his plate.
    I know the Fire Brigade use them for running hoses across roads. They cover the hose so the traffic can drive over the hose without cutting off the water supply. They are also well painted with the usual black/amber refelctive stripes so it is not a suprise to an unsuspecting motorist. They are made of a hard plastic (i think) and click together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055121207&highlight=modified+car+on+me+road

:rolleyes: Been there before, it'd do your head in no end! Just chat to a few neighbours about if and see if they have the same concern as you and approach him about it, the lad in my case has since moved!!:D:D

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Talk to the resident's association about getting traffic calming into the estate. Personally I hate speedbumps and some morons see them as a challenge rather than a deterrent. But chicane-like structures are effective.

TBH even if you stop this guy there'll always be another moron along to take his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Best thing is to try and find out where he lives or works and confront him. Seriously, if I was 19 and someone threathned to shop me to the cops over my behaviour driving through a housing estate I'd change my behaviour. Worth a try, otherwise try informing the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I quite like the idea of those spike yokes the cops throw across the road in Grand Theft Auto (stingers?). Or you could do like Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop and stuff a banana up his exhaust.

Seriously though, I'd try to get his number and report him to the cops - although I don't have much confidence anything would happen. Some video evidence would help also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I like the speed bump idea. Especially if other neighbours also have a problem and dont put a sign up for (oh did they forget the sign) and watch the boll*x speed over that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Video evidence is your best bet here imo. It might take a bit of time to capture him on video but it would be worth it in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Traffic Watch. Nothing else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get his number and video evidence if possible.

Also stand outside your house in a fluorescent jacket holding a hair dryer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

maybe if you rang the garda and told them the usual time this yob is driving through at they might set up a speed trap if you and all of you neighbours complain they can't ignore you all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

Anan1 wrote: »
    This has got to be the dumbest post of the day, no?

Comin pretty close.
    Best case scenario with that stupid idea is that the driver of the car would meekly sit there and be given out to..

most likely outcome is you'd end up in a fight with him

...and worse case.. he freaks out because some weirdo just tried to physically pull him out of his car.. and someone gets stabbed or shot or badly beaten.

It's all very well all this bravado and confrontational talk is easy on the internet.... but im sure many people would restrain themnselves in real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Posters seem to be ignoring the title of the post.

Instead you are giving advice on speeding.
    Of course the possible danger of the speeding in an estate is more important than the noise of the car.

While everyone is suggesting a speed bump this will do nothing for the noise.
    In fact it will make it worse as the driver accelerates hard away from it.

This guy isn't from the estate so time for the residents to take action.

I'd be leaning towards a group of men confronting him rather then calling traffic watch.
    One is the correct thing to do but one gets instant results.
    So confront him-but not on your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Don't do anything illegal like confronting him either alone or with others.If there is an argument and a court case his lawyer will make sure the blame is shared Write to the Garda Supt giving him the reg number and ask the issue be addressed. Mark the letter for his personal attention

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

micmclo wrote: »
    Posters seem to be ignoring the title of the post.

Instead you are giving advice on speeding.
    Of course the possible danger of the speeding in an estate is more important than the noise of the car.

He is very concerned about the little pr1cks speeding:
    RobAMerc wrote: »
    But theres this little pr*ck - with a black civic big exhaust and K&N filter who takes a short cut through my estate ( And always up my road ) at a serious pace and really does scare me he's going to mill one of the neighborhood kids one of these days.
    Little f*ck is going too fast for me to get the reg plate to ring traffic watch, although I generally can hear him coming from miles off.

OK, I was no angel when I was younger, but not around busy housing estates.

Advertisement