Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contacts in cold weather

Options
  • 15-11-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

Wahoo, they finally created this forum.

Anybody ever have problems with their contacts when going from warm indoor to cold outdoors? I've noticed that sometimes my sight goes blurry and the lenses get very uncomfortable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Well a pair of glasses can get fogged up when going from cold outdoors to warm indoors, and I have noticed my contacts fogging up slightly as well in the same situation, but it doesn't last more than a couple of seconds and I don't find it uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

blah wrote: »
    Well a pair of glasses can get fogged up when going from cold outdoors to warm indoors, and I have noticed my contacts fogging up slightly as well in the same situation, but it doesn't last more than a couple of seconds and I don't find it uncomfortable.

what brand do you wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Sounds a bit weird - I've never experienced that myself tbh. You should probably ask your optician about it if it's causing discomfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Nah that happens me sometimes. my lenses tend to feel dry when i come in from the cold for example when i'm driving and i just get into the car my eyes can be fairly watery from the cold then once i pump the heat on and it warms up they can get dry, sometimes a little itchy and stingy

i use aquify drops just to give myselfsome comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

picked up some drops this weekend, seem to be doing the job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

cool!!

i use them instead of solution to put them in my eyes coz my eyes are dry but obviously clean lenses with solution!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Happens all the time in the winter to me. Particularly if I'm in a warm club and come out into a freezing street, I can actually feel the contact contract in my eye, and I spend a few moments blinking to reset them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Apparantely it takes upto 15 minutes for contacts to settle in your eyes when you put them in so id say a rapid change in environmental conditions would have the same affect. Dont forget your comfort drops

Advertisement