Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clutch repair - d15 area

Options
  • 15-11-2007 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

hopin someone can point me in the right direction here,

I'm driving a 97 Honda Civic 1.4i and over the past two - three days I'd noticed difficulty getting it into gear. Got in yesterday morning and was worse again. At low speeds gear changes are tough, at a bit of a higher speed tho its not so bad. Has gotten progressively worse since then.

Had been due for a service anyways so I had it booked in a bit earlier (Monday next) to get this sorted as well, but that was before now. Its practically undrivable at present and the garage I normally use and trust is a fiar bit away from where I am living, not a journey I'd want to making in traffic etc withj possibly no clutch.

JUst wondering if anyone knows anywhere else, in the Dublin 15 area that might be able to sort this out for me. Somewhere that isn't going to stick ina new clutch and gearbox for the crack really.

I'm no mechanic but it seems like a hydraulics type issue as the clutch is moving but with no resistance behind it and u have to really stand on it to get a gear to engage.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. LIke I say in the DUbllin 15 area would be best as I'll probably have to organise to get it towed there

Advertisement