Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiiKey instructions for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Dont know about the rest of people but i broke an xbox because of soldering it, and i am not confident of doing it on my own.

Nice post by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

** A couple of more links for you all **

Wii Dissasembly Tutorial for Wii Chip Installation

http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=188

A good Soldering Method:

http://www.ps2-scene.org/m37r01d/Wiikey%20review.html

WiiKey Set Up Disk Image(s) Location:

http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html

*************** Go on... Just Do It ;) ***************

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

I was/am under the impression that only older models of wii can be modded?

In fact when tesco were giving 50% back I bought one but returned it because it seemed there was only a 50/50 chance the mod would work.

Hopfully I'm proved wrong though....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

patch wrote: »

In fact when tesco were giving 50% back I bought one but returned it because it seemed there was only a 50/50 chance the mod would work.

Hopfully I'm proved wrong though....:)

All of them can be modded, it's just a lot more difficult the newer the model is.
    Don't remember the serial numbers atm, but currently there are three different Wii models (in terms of modding that is). First one is easy, second is doable and third one, for me at least, is impossible (although I've seen places where they will mod the latest model too, but charge is 150 - 200 euros for it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

Just got my wiikey delivered so I am going to give it ago later. I have experience with soldering (who would have thought that my work skills would could come in handy:)

I will let ye know tomorrow how easy (or not) it was. Fingers crossed I wont bust my wii now, espically coming up to christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

that's when I got my wii and DS, got the wii modded no probs, modchipireland, and the R4 cart for the DS, 'nuff said really
    unless the wii or DS were moddable I simply would not have bought them

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement