Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

international football wknd

Options
  • 15-11-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

alrite lads,

as a rule I don't bet on the internationals as I think they can be unpredictable(was watching russia v england live and was considering backing a dominant england team at 1-0 and then bam 2 goals out of nowhere) but i'm considering laying scotland this weekend as I believe the scots will not beat them at home. what do you think or should i not break my own rule and stick to d old premiership.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I am going for home win for wales /scotland and denmark / russia away .

Quote daily mail yesterday

''The difference between England and other teams is the rest hold onto the ball , we give it away '' . Paul Hayward

He could easly have being talking about the ROI to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

corkfella wrote: »
    (was watching russia v england live and was considering backing a dominant england team at 1-0 and then bam 2 goals out of nowhere)

Dominant? You kidding? I backed the Russki's @ 10's when they went one nil down due to England being unable to get settled on the artificial pitch. Saying that I was reading the live timesonline blog but it was all Russia...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

I dont think the scots are much value at 5/2 would want at least 4/1 before i consider backing them saying that they'll probably win because of their home form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Erin - You bet in-running on something you weren't even watching? Strange that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I hate to type this but laying Ireland is my bet of the weekend.

• Advertisement

Israel Are 7/1 to beat russia on saturday ,now that would be some upset .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭corkfella

erin, was going to bet aftr gerrard missed a sitter but then the russians sent on that sub and he started to rip them apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

I'm going to put on an Ireland/Russia double on.

Erin - You bet in-running on something you weren't even watching? Strange that.

Why so? Was in work, reading the online commentry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

latchyco wrote: »
    Israel Are 7/1 to beat russia on saturday ,now that would be some upset .

I think its a great price.
    Would it really be an upset as such though?. Russia aren't especially good, Israel are very solid at home, and the game in Moscow finished 1-1.

If Israel were still alive in the group then it would be a 7/4H, 5/4A, 2/1D sort of game. So because Israel can't qualify they are a bigger price, but 7/1 looks a massive overreaction by the bookies.

• Advertisement

I think its a great price.
    Would it really be an upset as such though?. Russia aren't especially good, Israel are very solid at home, and the game in Moscow finished 1-1.

If Israel were still alive in the group then it would be a 7/4H, 5/4A, 2/1D sort of game. So because Israel can't qualify they are a bigger price, but 7/1 looks a massive overreaction by the bookies.
    The fact that israel have nothing to play for might have some say in the scoreline ,but it could be one of those games and the English will be living on their nerves . Gerrard will rue that miss in russia .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

My accumulator for the weekend

HOLLAND to beat Luxembourg
    SERBIA to beat Kazakhstan
    ESTONIA to beat Andorra
    CROATIA to beat FYR Macedonia
    COLOMBIA to beat Venezuela
    BRAZIL to beat Peru
    KIDDERMINSTER to beat Woking
    URUGUAY to beat Chile
    UKRAINE to beat Lithuania
    AUSTRALIA to beat Nigeria
    BRISTOL ROVERS to beat Millwall
    YORK to beat Salisbury
    REP. OF IRELAND to beat Wales
    ROMANIA to beat Bulgaria

then i have:
    GERMANY to beat Cyprus
    POLAND to beat Belgium
    BRAZIL to beat Peru
    DENMARK to beat Northern Ireland
    REP OF IRELAND to beat Wales
    ROMANIA to beat Bulgaria

what ya think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

My accumulator for the weekend

HOLLAND to beat Luxembourg
    SERBIA to beat Kazakhstan
    ESTONIA to beat Andorra
    COLOMBIA to beat Venezuela
    BRAZIL to beat Peru
    KIDDERMINSTER to beat Woking
    URUGUAY to beat Chile
    UKRAINE to beat Lithuania
    BRISTOL ROVERS to beat Millwall
    YORK to beat Salisbury
    REP. OF IRELAND to beat Wales :confused:
    ROMANIA to beat Bulgaria

then i have:
    GERMANY to beat Cyprus
    POLAND to beat Belgium
    BRAZIL to beat Peru
    DENMARK to beat Northern Ireland
    REP OF IRELAND to beat Wales :confused:
    ROMANIA to beat Bulgaria

what ya think??

That's what I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I think we'll beat Wales. We've picked our strongest 11 available and Wales are piss poor IMO.

We're an attractive price too. I also think we'll beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Im going for:

Scotland v Italy - Under 2.5 goals 4/6
    Israel v Russia - Under 2.5 goals 4/5

2/1 for the double! These could be very cagey games so I cant see many goals especially in the Scotland game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

lolkelly wrote: »
    Im going for:

Scotland v Italy - Under 2.5 goals 4/6
    Israel v Russia - Under 2.5 goals 4/5

2/1 for the double! These could be very cagey games so I cant see many goals especially in the Scotland game!

Pretty unlucky because i decided to have a ton on each one! Also had 50 on Ireland to win! A goal scored in the 90th minute in the three games to ruin my bets! Oh well....Least a fe favourites won in the nags!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You think that's unlucky. I had a tenner on the following double

Scotland -Italy Draw
    Israel

only for a linesman to be a right cock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Yeah, should really have been a 2-0 victory for the Italians. We all make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Yeah, should really have been a 2-0 victory for the Italians. We all make mistakes.

:mad: I had Toni first goal and 2-0 @ 55/1 - though it was only a free €2 scorecast with Celtic :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I cant believe so many people had faith in Ireland. Ok I know Wales aren't much better but they were at home and had some pride to play for! As I posted my bet of the week was to lay Ireland! Although an Ireland win wouldhave been great - it is badly needed. Now where is that Paul Jewell market!

Advertisement