Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influential Woman of the week..

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BBC news magazine do a regular "Valley Girls" feature on influential women in the technology sector e.g. Padma Warrior of Cisco

As I work in IT I find the articles interesting to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The person who I admire most this week is Pamela Izevbekhai,a Nigerian women who fled to Ireland in order to protect the lives of her family.

Her first daughter,Elizabeth, bled to death in 2005 following a FGM procedure. To protect her other two daughters, Jemima and Naomi, she fled to Ireland.However, her and her family face deportation any day now,with her two daughters facing almost certain FGM and Pamela, probably worse, If she returns to Nigeria.
    I have great admiration for this articulate and loving women who endangers her life more and more each day as she speaks out to try and save the lives of her two daughters.

This is a short documentary on her: *WARNING: While there are no disturbing images, the descriptions of FGM are not pleasant:* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yk_me_60NQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

panda100 wrote: »
    The person who I admire most this week is Pamela Izevbekhai,a Nigerian women who fled to Ireland in order to protect the lives of her family.

Her first daughter,Elizabeth, bled to death in 2005 following a FGM procedure. To protect her other two daughters, Jemima and Naomi, she fled to Ireland.However, her and her family face deportation any day now,with her two daughters facing almost certain FGM and Pamela, probably worse, If she returns to Nigeria.
    I have great admiration for this articulate and loving women who endangers her life more and more each day as she speaks out to try and save the lives of her two daughters.

This is a short documentary on her: *WARNING: While there are no disturbing images, the descriptions of FGM are not pleasant:* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yk_me_60NQ
    What, no part of Nigeria is safe, so she "fled" to a country to which there are no direct flights from Nigeria?

Advertisement