Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slight damage to light - big deal?

Options
  • 15-11-2007 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

I drive a focus similar to the one in the image below. I bumped into a fence this morning while parking (I know... I'm an idiot) and now one of the lights is slightly loose (circled in pic). It's not hanging off or anything, It came out about an inch from its original position and was easy to pop back in.

Do ye think it's a big deal? When are these lights used? They don't seem to come on when Dims / Full lights are on... though, I must admit, I only checked that after the mishap.

Feelin the fool at the mo so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers :o

my.php?image=543cx4.jpg

URL: http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=543cx4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

those would be your fog lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dumbdonkey

peasant wrote: »
    those would be your fog lights

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Should be cheap enough to source one on ebay or www.micksgarage.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

they are your fogs and no you could leave them hanging out if you like.

but some eve you might actually need them and instead of lighting your way home they could possibly blind anyone coming against you

best to spend a few minute fixing it or a few quid having it fixed. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dumbdonkey

RobAMerc wrote: »
    they are your fogs and no you could leave them hanging out if you like.

but some eve you might actually need them and instead of lighting your way home they could possibly blind anyone coming against you

best to spend a few minute fixing it or a few quid having it fixed. ;)

Cheers for the advice lads - think I was worrying over very little, it's not broken, not out of position, just a little bit loose. I'll get it checked out for safetys sake all the same.

Thanks for not laying into me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

dumbdonkey wrote: »
    Cheers for the advice lads - think I was worrying over very little, it's not broken, not out of position, just a little bit loose. I'll get it checked out for safetys sake all the same.

Thanks for not laying into me :)

to turn on those fog lights, turn the lights switch clockwise as normal to turn on your main lights and then pull out the switch to turn on those fog lights.

just in case you didnt know!

Advertisement