Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pumping air to roots

Options
  • 15-11-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I've just begun getting interested in hydroponic gardening at home.

I heard that it is a good idea to pump oxygen to the roots at regular intervals to help the plants get nutrient quicker.

If was to say, use an air pump along with a timer, how often should I set the timer to pump oxygen to the roots?

Im not sure if oxygen should be constantly pumped or if it should be more of a "breakfeast lunch and dinner affair"

Any advice or a point in the right direction to some free literature on the subject would be great!!

Thanx a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Any particular "plant" you wish to grow? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 crackRockSteady

Well seeing as I'm just starting out I was gonna try something small , maybe tomatoes? I havnt really decided yet cos i'm still doing my home work :)

Do different types of plants need different oxygination intervals?

Thanks!

Advertisement