Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2008 GroupA: Armenia v Azerbaijan

• 15-11-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I notice from looking at this group that Armenia and Azerbaijan are yet to play each other and the fixture list doesn't have a date for either match. From the list it looks like they were due to play each other in back to back fixtures in September.
    I'm presuming this is a political thing because I know they are neighbours.
    It seems strange that they be drawn into a group together and from the looks of it won't play each other at all.
    Can anyone enlighten me on this situation?
    Poland 12 7 3 2 20 10 24
    Portugal 12 6 5 1 23 10 23
    Serbia 12 5 5 2 19 9 20
    Finland 12 5 5 2 11 6 20
    Belgium 12 4 3 5 13 14 15
    Armenia 10 2 3 5 4 11 9
    Kazakhstan 12 1 4 7 10 20 7
    Azerbaijan 10 1 2 7 5 25 5

Belgium 0 - 0 Kazakhstan
    Serbia 1 - 0 Azerbaijan
    Poland 1 - 3 Finland
    Azerbaijan 1 - 1 Kazakhstan
    Finland 1 - 1 Portugal
    Poland 1 - 1 Serbia
    Armenia 0 - 1 Belgium
    Serbia 1 - 0 Belgium
    Portugal 3 - 0 Azerbaijan
    Armenia 0 - 0 Finland
    Kazakhstan 0 - 1 Poland
    Serbia 3 - 0 Armenia
    Poland 2 - 1 Portugal
    Belgium 3 - 0 Azerbaijan
    Kazakhstan 0 - 2 Finland
    Finland 1 - 0 Armenia
    Belgium 0 - 1 Poland
    Portugal 3 - 0 Kazakhstan
    Poland 5 - 0 Azerbaijan
    Kazakhstan 2 - 1 Serbia
    Portugal 4 - 0 Belgium
    Azerbaijan 1 - 0 Finland
    Poland 1 - 0 Armenia
    Serbia 1 - 1 Portugal
    Kazakhstan 1 - 2 Armenia
    Finland 0 - 2 Serbia
    Belgium 1 - 2 Portugal
    Azerbaijan 1 - 3 Poland
    Kazakhstan 1 - 1 Azerbaijan
    Finland 2 - 0 Belgium
    Armenia 1 - 0 Poland
    Finland 2 - 1 Kazakhstan
    Belgium 3 - 2 Serbia
    Armenia 1 - 1 Portugal
    Azerbaijan - Armenia
    Serbia 0 - 0 Finland
    Portugal 2 - 2 Poland
    Armenia - Azerbaijan
    Finland 0 - 0 Poland
    Kazakhstan 2 - 2 Belgium
    Portugal 1 - 1 Serbia
    Armenia 0 - 0 Serbia
    Poland 3 - 1 Kazakhstan
    Belgium 0 - 0 Finland
    Azerbaijan 0 - 2 Portugal
    Kazakhstan 1 - 2 Portugal
    Belgium 3 - 0 Armenia
    Azerbaijan 1 - 6 Serbia
    Finland 17/11/07 Azerbaijan
    Poland 17/11/07 Belgium
    Serbia 17/11/07 Kazakhstan
    Portugal 17/11/07 Armenia
    Armenia 21/11/07 Kazakhstan
    Portugal 21/11/07 Finland
    Serbia 21/11/07 Poland
    Azerbaijan 21/11/07 Belgium

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/standings/round=2241/group=2630.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Jebus, we think we have it bad? That group would have been a humdinger for us, Belguim in 5th place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nunu wrote: »
    I notice from looking at this group that Armenia and Azerbaijan are yet to play each other and the fixture list doesn't have a date for either match. From the list it looks like they were due to play each other in back to back fixtures in September.
    I'm presuming this is a political thing because I know they are neighbours.
    It seems strange that they be drawn into a group together and from the looks of it won't play each other at all.
    Can anyone enlighten me on this situation?

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/standings/round=2241/group=2630.html

you get bored too easily when theres no football on tv :D

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/news/kind=1/newsid=555349.html
    UEFA has cancelled the two UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifying Group A matches between Azerbaijan and Armenia with the two associations awarded no points for the games.

No compromise
    The fixtures had been due to be played in Azerbaijan on 8 September and in Armenia four days later. The UEFA Executive Committee took the decision after no compromise agreement could be reached between the two national associations amid the present political and security situation. Azerbaijan are bottom of the group with five points from eight matches, while Armenia have seven points from seven outings. Poland lead the group with 19 points from nine games.

Blood tests
    Meanwhile, in the wake of UEFA's introduction of a reinforced anti-doping campaign, the Executive Committee decided to introduce blood-testing for all 31 matches at the UEFA EURO 2008™ final round in Austria and Switzerland next summer, as well as out-of competition testing for all 16 teams taking part. The UEFA Executive Committee was meeting in the Dutch town of Heerenveen ahead of the UEFA European Under-21 Championship final, won by the Netherland

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

That's a shame really...and i thought football was supposed to rise above stuff like this and bring nations together:rolleyes:

This decision must have been made in the summer when I was in NY for 3 months and any football news I heard was very sporadic to say the least! Because I doubt I'd have missed it otherwise?

Advertisement