Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Installation error 102

Options
  • 15-11-2007 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

I bought world of warcraft and I am having trouble installing it.

I can install the first disc no problem but after a few minutes during the installation of disc 2 it stops and says:'installer tome 2 error 102 occurred' or something like that.

Now i've looked at different forums and have tried copying the installer and installer tomes to my Hard Drive .I hav managed to install everything to my HD Except installer tome 2...it wont allow me to. It says problem I/O occurred.

It looks as if alot of people have this same problem.I wish Blizzard would offer a proper solution rather than tell you to ring some foreign help line that arn't going to help you out anyway!! So i was wondering has anyone out there found a solution to this problem??

I've treid installing it on both my labtop and PC.

Got this game for my brothers birthday and he cant use it... bit of a bummer.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Try bringing it back to the shop and saying the disc is faulty and will not install correctly. That you would like a full refund or a replacement copy of the game immediatly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jebus07

...ya...about that, I kinda bought it Ages ago and I lost the receipt. I'm a dumbass I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

jebus07 wrote: »
    ...ya...about that, I kinda bought it Ages ago and I lost the receipt. I'm a dumbass I know.

download the trial version, then activate it.

problem solved.

good man cance!

but doesnt it take forever to download?even if you have broadband?

and can you download it if you have a firewall on your pc?

jebus07 wrote: »
    good man cance!

but doesnt it take forever to download?even if you have broadband?

and can you download it if you have a firewall on your pc?
    Read the guides on opening ports, or if you have UDNP all the better. The blizzard downloader is simple to follow. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

is there a torrent for the game?

If you are referring to illegally playing the game then yes there is, but there will be no discussion of that (am I right?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

You'll get a quicker speed from a static considering you're downloading oldish patches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Deaddude wrote: »
    If you are referring to illegally playing the game then yes there is, but there will be no discussion of that (am I right?).

. just searched it on pirate bay. there is 13 pages of wow programs.

Why is a problem to talk torrent. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Its against the policies to talk about playing the game for free, i.e. illegally. People seem to forget that torrents can be used for "good" ;)

• Advertisement

gsxr1 wrote: »
    . just searched it on pirate bay. there is 13 pages of wow programs.

Why is a problem to talk torrent. ??
    Those pages would also includes things that should NOT be used in WoW..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ivan wrote: »
    Its against the policies to talk about playing the game for free, i.e. illegally. People seem to forget that torrents can be used for "good" ;)

Indeed, torrents are not an issue, linking to illegal downloads is. Someone here might link to a torrent of the latest patch, I see no issue with that. Linking to files to start a dodgy WoW server of your own or something like hacks to run in the background, that'd be a problem.

ya ive done all that already(opening the required ports etc) but it still seems to be downloading really slow.at this speed it will take at least 24 hours to download! (i have broadband).is this the average time it takes or what?

I dunno, suppsoe i should just suck it up fellas

Well 24 hours is okay.. it IS several gigs large ;p

haha ya true. alright thanks for the help guys

Advertisement