Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's something now!..

• 15-11-2007 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

And I'm serious about this.

"I'm a celebrity, get me out of here", and its 'Bush-Tucker trials'.

Is anyone else uncomfortable with the contestents eating live insects?.

I'm not even sure if these creatures can feel pain, but its still a living creature eaten alive for 'our' entertainment.

I know people feed live crickets to their lizards etc, but its normal for reptiles to feed on live things, not us?.

I was going to post this on 'After Hours' but wasn't in the mood for dealing with the muppetry there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

I see what your saying, I see nothing wrong and everything right with us and animals taking prey to survive, but when done for entertainment only I think it's a cruel waste of life.

I appreciate scientists keep lab mice etc, and they occasionally die during experiments but thats for the good of humanity.

I keep reptiles and feed them live insects on a regular basis I feel fine about this.

A group calling themselves "SmokenProfits" have been recently banned from youtube for posting gratuitous vids of reptiles eating live mammals, they were making DVDs of "Frog vs Mouse" etc and selling them online, now thats wrong. These werent just feeding the reptiles, they were fighting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

been there done that a few years ago - wrote to the stations showing the program, ofcom (or whatever they're called in the UK) and basically got nowhere :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Black Ball

Wow,... finally somebody who thinks like me on something "trivial" !!
    yeah,..things like that do bother me .
    why kill something when you dont need to ??? I mean , its an entire life being wasted.

there are probably too many humans on this earth anyway imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Jimkel wrote: »
    I see what your saying, I see nothing wrong and everything right with us and animals taking prey to survive, but when done for entertainment only I think it's a cruel waste of life.

I appreciate scientists keep lab mice etc, and they occasionally die during experiments but thats for the good of humanity.

I keep reptiles and feed them live insects on a regular basis I feel fine about this.

A group calling themselves "SmokenProfits" have been recently banned from youtube for posting gratuitous vids of reptiles eating live mammals, they were making DVDs of "Frog vs Mouse" etc and selling them online, now thats wrong. These werent just feeding the reptiles, they were fighting them.

Animals dying for the good of humanity, when did we forget that we are animals to???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    Animals dying for the good of humanity, when did we forget that we are animals to???

Oh dont be a bleeding heart, we are animals, mammals in fact, and like all animals the survival of our species is paramount, whether we are aware of it or not evolution has it that way, So if lab rats help cure diseases and save lives etc then thats just nature. (if your to agree with your above statement then you will agree that we are not exempt from evolution)

Family: Hominidae Genus: Homo Species: Homo sapiens Subspecies: Homo sapien-sapien etc etc

And no I don't believe in or advocate animal cruelty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement