Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a 360 soon

• 15-11-2007 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

So, it looks like I'm getting a 360 for xmas :D
    What games would everybody recommend me to look at, Pro Evo 08 and Halo 3 are essential for me.
    Was thinking of Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Call Of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero 3 aswell.
    I could probably get 1 more game aswell as Pro Ev and Halo, so which game should I get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Call of Duty 4.

Quite easily the best game ive played for 360 especially online.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gears of War to be sure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

- The Orange Box is an absolute bargain.
    - Mass Effect will be out next week.
    - Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis is meant to be good.

There's also a bunch of downloadable games on Xbox Live that are worth getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

So many games so little money :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi Smegball,
    Call of Duty 4
    Halo 3
    Gears of War.

There are other classics you can get second hand for a tenner.

If you want, there is a way of getting 10 FREE Arcade Live games. Check the link...basically if my "friend" buys an XBOX360 beore 18th December, we send off a form and a copy of your receipt and we get 10 games each...you're my new friend, right???

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/10gameseach/default.htm

Let me know if you are interested!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Call of Duty 4 for definite!!

You can pick up a copy of Gears of War for about €20 second hand, try adverts.ie http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=32666&cat=500 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

There's a deal in gamestop which comes with PES 08,Halo 3 and Forza with an extra controller for 420.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Why has no one mentioned Oblivion!? I spent over two months (190 hrs) of my life hooked on that game.
    Gears of War, have also spent many an hour on that one too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'll mention Oblivion for you, best'est game eva!!!

If your got to select three titles and you've already picked PES and Halo then I'd say your better getting something other than Gears or COD for your third one just so you have a bit of variety in the games. Although they are all good games that have been suggested how many FPS do you want all at the same time?

Not played Guitar Hero but something like that might be better if your then likley to have to amuse other people that are visiting over xmas with your new toy as well, that is if you'll let them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Halo3
    COD4
    Bioshock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

bucks73 wrote: »
    Halo3
    COD4
    Bioshock

Yes! Plenty more great games, but I'll add just two that are a bit different:

Dead Rising
    Viva Pinata

Oh, and don't forget Mass Effect is out next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

FIFA 08, 5v5 online is out of this world.

Assassins Creed is out today, but would wait and see the feedback. Mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Thanks for the help everybody, I would really consider Oblivion as I had it on my PC but didn't run too good so gave up on it. Really enjoyed what little I did play of it.
    Call Of Duty or Assassins Creed is top of my priority at the minute. Suppose the deal's in the shop will play a huge part in which games I will end up with.

Advertisement