Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Galway...?

Options
  • 15-11-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am going to visit Galway with my boyfriend in the next few weeks...I have never been there...Will anybody suggest any nice place for a romantic walk, taking photos...or any place to have a good drink?

And we actually don't know where to stay...I thought that Best Western Flannerys hotel would be nice...but I am not sure...

What is the weather like at the moment in Galway County?

Thank you:)

Marta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Do the traditional thing the salthill prom.The weather is fairly ****e now but guess what!,we live in Ireland and it's Winter.Make your own conclusions

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quxuik

I have just faund this hotel + night club...

http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/showyp.shtml?id=3591

What do You think about this place? It is located near to Salthill. So we would go for the Salthill prom from there? Was anybody in this nightclub? What kind of music is there? Any opinions welcome!

We will stay there propobly for two nights...

Any suggestions welcome How to spent that short time in Galway!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll be better off in http://www.thewarwick.com/ imo
    or http://www.stmartins.ie/contact.html crap site but great location, dead centre in the city.

Have a look in the sticky Activities and Resources in Galway for other suggestions.

Hope you'll have a good time while here.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

quxuik wrote: »
    I have just faund this hotel + night club...

http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/showyp.shtml?id=3591

What do You think about this place? It is located near to Salthill. So we would go for the Salthill prom from there? Was anybody in this nightclub? What kind of music is there? Any opinions welcome!

We will stay there propobly for two nights...

Any suggestions welcome How to spent that short time in Galway!!
    ;)

That hotel is in Salthill which is pretty quiet this time of year. Salthill is a coastal part of Galway city, about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the city centre/Spanish Arch. You should try to get one of the following hotels; Jurys Inn, The House Hotel or Brennan's Yard which are all centre of the city. Also, Park House Hotel or the Harbour hotel. Look on a site like www.hotelcompany.com for decent deals. The Victoria Hotel is also a good option and probably not as expensive as the others.

The weather at the moment isn't too bad but when coming to Galway, expect anything, rain, sunshine, even snow sometimes!

You should locate yourselves in the city centre, as Galway is a small city, almost everywhere can be accessed by either walking or a short cab ride. Basing yourself in Salthill will only mean you'll have to spend money on cabs. Pubs you should visit are Roisin Dubh, The Quays, The Front Door -too many to mention! Some very good restaurants around Quay St/Spanish Arch also. Your best bet is to take a walk from Eyre Sq down through the main pedestrianised area of the city and walk into wherever takes your fancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's a nice beach outside Galway but I keep forgetting the name of the place you head out that road where silver strand is, past some town then you come to a beach with it's own pub/restaurant. Nice place.

Don't bother planing your day out just spend the day wandering around the town eating, drinking and talking to strangers and just see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

quxuik wrote: »
    Will anybody suggest any nice place for a romantic walk, taking photos
    Down the back of CPs around 1.45am, I get enough material for me website for a month out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's a nice beach outside Galway but I keep forgetting the name of the place you head out that road where silver strand is, past some town then you come to a beach with it's own pub/restaurant. Nice place.

Furbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

ya your thinkin of padhraicins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Mmmm... Padhraicins scampi and chips...

OP if you have access to a car its well worth heading out west of the city to Connemara or the Aran Islands. Its up to yourself but many would consider a walk in the wilderness to be more romantic than a weekend in the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 buckie

ScumLord wrote: »

Don't bother planing your day out just spend the day wandering around the town eating, drinking and talking to strangers and just see how it goes.

that would be furbo pub is Padraigs

• Advertisement
Advertisement