Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD4 did not quit properly issue

• 15-11-2007 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

hope someone can help. Have COD4 and finished the SP campaign to get much needed pratice. So I then decided the time was right to start MP mode. The problem is that when i go to activate the MP I get the following message "It appears that Call of Duty 4 MW did not quit properly the last time it ran. Do you want to run the game in safe mode"?

I cant understand this given that I can play SP and exit and have never experienced a shut down problem at any stage that I have played it and why it all of a sudden decides to inform me of this.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Did you find a solution? Appreciate any advise.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

yeah i had this early after restarting the pc while alt-tabed doh ! ,started it in safe mode then went into options and reset settings ...no probs since

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This is an old known issue with all COd games,just ignore it and bypass it when it happens.

Hasnt happened to me with cod4 yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

maybe your pc is too **** too handle it.
    multiplayer is different from single player.

i suggest you go with the safe mode,
    then slowly up the graphics the something you like.

although in my opinion, the graphics are somewhat the same in safe mode if you set a higher resolution.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its nothing to do with his pc spec.
    As i said its a known issue and can happen anyone at any time.
    Its easily ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pduffy50

if you are running xfire this can cause problems with cod4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irish_Rogue

Helllo again,

just to confirm as mentioned its nothing to do with my pc specs as I am above the recommended specs. It appears that there are a number of reasons why this may occur. There are suggestions to do with the sound card, XFire; a file in COD4 needs to be changed to .bat file and finally updating graphics card. The only one I have not tried is changing to .bat file as I cant locate the siad file.

The link to this is as set out below.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-39434064&pid=939217

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jawatech

Im having the same problem and i dont know what the hell i'm supposed to do. I played through single player and didn't have any problems. Played the **** out of multiplayer with no problems. Now i wanted to go back and play some of the singleplayer when i got this same error.

Dcully wrote: »
    This is an old known issue with all COd games,just ignore it and bypass it when it happens.

Hasnt happened to me with cod4 yet.

The problem is that you Can't bypass it. No matter what you choose (Yes, No, or Cancel) the game closes and your back where you started. I tried renaming the file to mssmp3.bak .....didn't change anything. Still not working.

Advertisement