Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new o2 registration credit amounts

• 15-11-2007 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

dunno if anyones gotten a new phone with this yet but basically they've changed the way drip credit is being applied, you now have to top up your phone by 20 euro to get your 10 euro drip credit every month, cant say im a fan of it as the credit is meant to be free for registering, depending on the price of the phone you buy the credit amount ranges from 52 to 162 euro, rather than having a flat rate of 80 like before, its only on new phone packs though so older packs will still get the older amounts of credit until retail sells through on them, thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yeah I saw that with €100 and €162, thought it must be too good to be true... Well it was then, did not see that thing about having to top up €20 to get €10. Well, it's a trend coming to all networks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I prefer the old system...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

flodis79 wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that with €100 and €162, thought it must be too good to be true... Well it was then, did not see that thing about having to top up €20 to get €10. Well, it's a trend coming to all networks now.

its only a trend if people allow it! vote with your feet and choose the networks which give proper free credit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

foggy_lad wrote: »
    its only a trend if people allow it! vote with your feet and choose the networks which give proper free credit!

Its just another method of ensuring revenue from a customer, and making things more awkward so that a contract might seem like an easier option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Vodafone have actually started doing this in recent days also. You defo have to top up but I do not think their is a minimum amount that you have to top up by - not sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Vodafone have actually started doing this in recent days also. You defo have to top up but I do not think their is a minimum amount that you have to top up by - not sure though.

That means it's only Meteor not requiring this, but they have a clause in T&C that they reserve the right to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

From the operators perspective, it makes sense to do it. Also, if Meteor have it written into their T&Cs, it is likely that they plan to introduce it at some stage.

Advertisement